Chapter 35

Chapter 35

                ROXY'S POV

                I slowly backed away from the man that I had only just noticed wielded a gun. I gulped and licked my lips. "Please. Please, don't do this. I beg of you." My voice came out strained, course, like it hadn't been used in years. Every step he took towards me made the room seem smaller, he was cornering me.

                "Why shouldn't I? Tell me why I shouldn't, Roxy." I was running out of room. He was getting closer by the second.

                "Because you'll get arrested, maybe even killed." I blurted out, desperate for anything or anyone to save me.

                That might have been the worst thing to say.

                His face fell into a deep frown and suddenly, he was done playing. He strode to stand right in front of me, the harsh air of his breath brushing against my flushed cheeks. My back pressed harshly into the edge of the granite counters, my body still trying to distance myself from him but failing miserably. Another loud gulp. "Was that a threat, little miss movie-star?"

                My lips parted, my mind racing one hundred miles a minute, but nothing but a strained squeak erupted from me. The cold metal of the gun pressed to my temple, obviously telling me my time was limited. Anything I did- the rise of my chest, the milli-metre my finger moved- had a say in what my future would hold.

                I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping – praying – that this was all a dream. That this man wasn't in my house, that he wasn't holding a gun to my head, that he didn't have control of my life. That I could die.

                He held my fate in the palm of his hand and he liked it.

                That fact made his confidence in this moment build greatly. He thrived on my fear. The more scared he could make me, the easier this was.

                My mind suddenly jumped to Harry. The man I loved- just upstairs. All the memories I was honoured to share with him. The baby inside of me, that I was honoured to share with him. This house, that I was honoured to share with him. The friends I'd made, because of him. The family I'd made, because of him. The happiness I'd felt, because of him.

                I'd taken him for granted.

                I didn't realize how much I loved him and how much he meant to me, until now.

In any other situation, my body would have washed over in guilt, and I would promise to myself that I'd change that. But at that moment, a man threatening my life, being held at gunpoint. I thanked whatever angel that was up there, for blessing me with a person as amazing as him. I thanked that angel, that if one of us were to die, right here, right now, in this situation, that it was me.

He grabbed me by the neck, pressing the gun harder to my skin. I winced at the pain that came with the action but tried to stay strong. I wanted to change my mistakes. I wasn't finished. My life has only just begun. I was only now starting a family with the man that I loved. I had more to do.

This couldn't be the end.

My hand slowly inched towards the block of wood that held all the knives for cooking. It didn't matter which one I'd choose, all that mattered was that I got one, and fought.

"I could just pull this trigger, right, now, and you would be dead. Do you realize that?" he whispered harshly into my ear.

Add on another gulp.

When I remained quiet, his voice raised. "Answer me!"

"Yes, I do." I rushed out, wincing again in pain as he shook my neck vigorously to try and get some sound out of me.

My finger was just a few centi-meters away from the cold blade when a voice startled us both, causing a great mistake to happen.

"STOP!"

My last gulp.

 Dedicated to Clare because her story is simply amazing and I just realized I never dedicated a chapter to her.. oops. Sorry, Clare! x) But you guys should just go read her story and vote for it and comment and fan her and all that good stuff because she's simply amazing. <3

Whaaat? DOUBLE upload? On a MONDAY? Well, guess what. You're vision isn't telling you wrong! Haha, sorry for the whole "commercial" thing. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please, don't pressure me to write more. If anything, you can leave little inspiration quotes or something. I love quotes :3 Heh. Anynoodles, thanks for reading/commenting/voting/fanning. I really appreciate it! Loveyouall. <3