Twelve- Remy Reed.

A/N Alright. Keep with me here. I made a major change at the end of the story that affected pretty much every chapter from here on out so editing this was extremely extremely difficult, and it gets a little patchy, for which I'm sorry. This chapter begins to discuss a bit of Remy's past, and it makes writing for Remy even harder. I hope you enjoy this because it took hours upon hours to fix.

"Remy," His father said in a careful voice, following Remy into his bedroom, despite the eighteen year old trying to slam his door between the two of them. "Remy".

"Don't want to talk about it," Remy snapped and threw himself down onto his bed. He was a bit mortified after being caught with an older boy's tongue in his mouth by his father, but none of that compared to the disappointment of having to send Cecil away.

Remy almost let out a dreamy sigh at the thought of the other boy. Who would have thought that Cecil Clarke would be the man to make Remy feel different. To make his heart pound and his palms sweat and his pants tighten.

Yes. There was no denying it any longer. Remy was incredibly attracted to Cecil Clarke in a very sexual way. In the way that Remy had always sworn he would never feel about anyone.

His father seemed to be thinking about this. "I thought you were asexual. You told me you were asexual Remy. I wasn't worried about anything like this happening because you said that you were asexual. Aren't you asexual?"

"I thought I was," Remy said, his voice muffled by his pillow. "I didn't lie to you".

"And what about now?" His dad asked, and Remy felt the bed dip as the older man sat on the foot of it. Remy remained silent. "What now, Remy?"

"Now I'm experimenting?" Remy said, like it was a question and his father groaned. With a sigh, Remy rolled onto his back, propping his head up on his pillow to look down at his father. "It's not a big deal".

"It is a big deal," his dad corrected, looking down at him pointedly. "I should have seen this coming. I should have known that you would want to try these kinds of things again. I just figured that after what had happened to you, you were serious when you said you were asexual". Remy closed his eyes. "I didn't think I'd need to protect you more than I already have".

"Sorry to disappoint," Remy snapped, rolling onto his side.

"That's not what I mean, Remy," his father said, softly. "I meant... I meant that I just wasn't prepared to protect you from boyfriends. If anything, I thought you'd be straight, but now..."

"You don't need to protect me from anything".

"Please don't tell me that I'm not your real father, because that doesn't change anything. I still love you like you're my own," His father said and Remy sighed. He had taunted his father with this before, but hearing it from the other man's lips had him ashamed.

"That's not what I was saying. I meant..." Remy trailed off and rolled back onto his back. "You don't need to protect me from Clarke. He'd never hurt me". Remy closed his eyes. "I have him wrapped around my finger".

"Remy," His father began. "I don't think you're taking this as seriously as you should".

"We kissed," Remy said. "We're not even dating".

"Have you had sex?" The older man asked and Remy made a pained noise, rolling over again, this time onto his front. "Alright alright. I'll take that as a no".

"Good".

It was silent for a minute. "We should talk, Remy".

Remy got a tingling feeling in his gut, as if something was about to go terribly wrong. "About what?"