Fourteen- Remy Reed.

A/N It's date night.

"Sixteen minutes," Remy said as he stared at his ceiling. It was silent then and Remy made a noise of annoyance and kicked his feet towards the end of the bed in hopes of connecting with Sydney, but his cousin was sitting so far down on the bed that Remy's short legs couldn't reach. "Sydney, sixteen minutes". Remy turned his head to the side, looking at the digital clock on his night stand. "Fifteen minutes".

"That's how time works," Sydney said, sounding bored with the situation. "It counts down when you're waiting for something".

"Shut up," Remy snapped, once again trying to kick Sidney, who laughed and caught his ankle.

"You're nervous, Remy. It's cute," Sydney said and Remy sat up quickly to glare at him.

"I'm not nervous," Remy snapped, and Sydney looked at him, his eyes amused. "I'm not". Sydney's eyebrows raised. "I'm not I'm not I'm- Shut up". Sydney laughed and slapped his hand down onto Remy's ankle.

"It's alright Remy. It's actually a good thing".

"How?" Remy groaned, dropping back down against his mattress again and covering his face with his hands. "It feels like I'm going to vomit butterflies".

"No one has ever made you feel this way before," Sydney pointed out. "I've never seen you this nervous before. I think that's a good sign".

"A good sign," Remy repeated, and then he snorted. "I was trying to tell Clarke that us being together was a bad idea".

"Talk about self sabotage," Sydney said and Remy remained silent. "Why would you do that Rem?"

"Because my father won't approve," Remy said quickly and Sydney's eyes narrowed in disbelief.

"That can't be the only reason".

"Why not?"

"Because it's not a good one," Sydney declares and Remy rolled his eyes back up toward the ceiling.

"I could get hurt, Sydney. If I open myself up... It's scary, you know".

"I do, Remy," Sydney said, and there seemed to be no response for that, so Remy didn't give one. "You know you don't have to go out with him, right?"

"I know," Remy said. "I know I don't have to do anything. I know that if I go out with him, I'll only feel more deeply for him. And if what Dr. Morris says is right, that'll only make my pain worse. I'll be miserable, Sydney... but I'll have him". Remy lifted his head up to look at Sydney, whose eyes had widened in surprise at his words. "He makes me feel... good, Sid. He makes me feel alive in a way that I've never felt before". Remy dropped his head and let out a huff of air. "Maybe I'm just being stupid. I don't know".

"You're falling in love with him," Sydney realized out loud and Remy covered his face with his hands.

"He turns me into a blushing, fumbling mess".

"Oh my god, Remy," Sydney breathed. "I didn't realize that you felt this strongly for him-"

There was a knock at Remy's bedroom door then and Remy shot up in bed, his hands grabbing the extra material from the long sleeves of his cardigan and crunching it into a fist. Sydney's eyes shifted from Remy's, over to his nightstand for just a second before moving over to his door. "He's six minutes early," Sydney observed quietly, and then he called, "Come in!"

"It's my room," Remy snapped. "You don't get to invite people into it". The door opened, and Cecil Clarke smiled at the two of them from the doorframe.