(23) Present

(23) Present: 2012

Elizabeth has refused to speak until she has human blood. Why do we want her to speak? Beats me. I swear, Xavier hasn’t told me the whole story as to why we dug her up. We need her blood to break their life bond thingy. But he hasn’t gotten a witch to perform this spell, and he won’t remove our life bond until theirs is broken. I’ve stuck around to make sure he broke the spell, and have yet to mention my intensions of staying. I’m pretty sure he knows though.

So I’ve been sleeping in a bathtub for practically a week now, waiting for him to do something. I spent the first few days drinking a lot of blood and booze because I wanted to avoid my creator at all costs. Unfortunately, when I wanted blood, he suddenly wanted blood as well. When I wanted to go out and get liquor, he suddenly wanted to go with me in case ‘I chose the wrong kind’ even though I told him that I knew what kind he liked. I’ve rarely been alone, as if he doesn’t trust that I’ll stay put. Why would I leave when I know that there is a spell that put my life in his hands?

“Where’s El?” I asked as I looked around the living room in case the little nut job was hiding from me…again.

“She tried to take a swing at me, and so I took her knife away and locked her back up in the closet… Sadly, I think she likes it in there.” He took a swig of his beer and sat it down. “What’re you about to do?”

I shrugged. “Maybe get some more blood, or booze…”

He tilted his head to the side. “That sounds like a good idea.” He stood up and walked towards his shoes.

“Um, do you mind if I go alone? I kind of wanted some time to think.”

He paused and turned to me. “Clever. Using the phrase wanted some time to think, so that I wouldn’t follow.”

“Xavier—“

“We have enough blood in our system for another night, and enough booze to last us a week. You don’t have to go anywhere.”

I took that as you’re not going anywhere tonight. I wasn’t sure why I obeyed his hidden command, but the habit to obey was deep in me, and so I let out a sigh and took off my shoes. The rest of the night was spent with me sitting in the bathtub with a book and the door locked, and him occasionally poking his head in as if to check if I was still there.

The next night I wanted to avoid him entirely. I locked the door, turned the shower on, and let the heat burn my icy skin. You know you’re bored when you result to showering. I let the shampoo get all foaming and then scrubbed my skin with something that smelled almost manly. The shampoo took forever to wash out, but who cared how long it took? I was killing time anyway. After I was completely scrubbed from head to toe, I reached for my towel and felt nothing.

My hand patted the floor to search for it, and I was confused as to why I couldn’t feel it. I poked my head out of the curtain and let out a squeak when I saw Xavier sitting on the counter with my towel beside him. “I know I locked that,” I commented, holding the curtain over my body.

“And you did. I was just wondering how long this charade of ignoring me would go on…? I’m bored.”

“Give me my towel and leave, please.”

“I’ve spent over a week in a house with nothing to do other than feed my creator pigs blood and watch television. This is the most entertaining thing I’ve done in a while, love.” He gripped the towel tighter and smirked.

“Xavier, give me my towel!”

“Did you not hear what I said? I’m bored, entertain me.” He opened the door and tossed the towel out, and then locked the door.