1

I hope you enjoy this story!

______________________

"You need to get yourself a job and a love interest." My best friend, Mercer, snapped. She flipped her curly locks out of her face as we walked through the streets of Los Angeles. I rolled my eyes.

"I've given up on both." I said, taking out my phone and checking the time. I heard Mercer scoff.

"Audra, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and you're extremely smart. You graduated earlier than the entire class and you were only sixteen!" She exclaimed, and I let out a breath.

"Being beautiful only takes you half of the way. I see hot guys..and I- I- just can't be in a relationship. I need space and freedom and space!" I said, placing my phone back into the front pocket of my shorts. (outfit to the side)

"You sound like a guy." She said, as we stopped in front of our favorite cafe...Starbucks! We walked in, the smell of coffee hitting us hard. I enhaled deeply...happy to be there.

Mercer and I ordered our drinks and as we were walking out someone knocked right into me, almost falling to the floor.

Thanks t o my reflexes, I grabbed the person's arm..realizing it was a frail girl. She was very pretty, with long dark hair and exotic features, petitie, no older than twenty-two, but she looked like she was stressed to death.

The girl was carrying almost ten cups of freaking coffee, and if it hadn't been for me..it would be spilled all over her!

"Uhh..Do you need help?" I asked, surprised by my own words. She shook her head and went to walk.

"Well, you look like you do. I'm sure you're working for like an office or something so..I can help you walk it back." I said, and she scanned my face. Then, she handed me one of the Starbucks cup holders with five cups on there. I smiled.

"Thanks." She said quietly, as Mercer and I followed her out of the door.

"Where do you work?"

"Steel industries." She said, quietly.

"Steel as in Adam Steel?!" Mercer asked. I looked over at her with a confused eye and she was mouthing something I couldn't comprehend.

"Yeah, as in Adam Steel." The woman said and soon she stopped in front of the building I'd seen so many times, but never really noticed. It was one of the tallest, if not the tallest buildings around. The girl looked back at me.

"I have no problem carrying them in." I said, and she nodded.

"I'll stay out here and wait." Mercer announced, holding both of our Starbucks cups. I nodded.

"Please, don't cause any disturbances." The girl whispered, and I nodded following her into the big double doors.

Inside of the great building was extremely modern and exquisite. Everything looked clean, simple, and expensive.

"Are you okay with going up the elevator?" She asked, and I nodded. We both entered. The elevator was huge, and it took us no time to get to the floor. The doors slid open and the woman scurried out. I followed after her. She had me sit all of the drinks on an empty desk.

"Thank you so much." She said, with a small smile. "I'm Stella." She said, holding out her hand.

"No problem, and I'm Audra." I took her hand in mines. "It was nice meeting you and maybe I'll see you around." I said, turning and walking away. Stella went to carrying the drinks around as I made my way back to the elevator.

I stepped in, pressed the button, and just as the platinum colored doors were about to close someone placed their hand in between them. A very large hand.

Then, the doors opened and I came face to face Well, actually more like chest to face. with the finest man I'd ever seen in my life.

His eyes raked over me as he stepped into the elevator. Before, I had thought there was so much space, but he was so close I could smell the addictive scent of his cologne. As the doors, closed I didn't dare look to my right, afraid I would meet his gaze and melt right there.

"Who are you?" He asked, his harmonious voice filled the elevator and sent warm sensations up my spine. Reluctantly, I shifted my head towards him, meeting his gaze.

His eyes were a honey hazel, and his face held light facial hair. His shoulders were broad and he stood at at least 6'3 or 4. The man looked like a freaking Greek God...only hotter. It was hard to keep my eyes looking into his.

"Uh- uh- my name is Au-Audra." I stumbled, and wanted to sink in the floor for sounding so freaking dumb. His lips fixed into a cunning smile, and he nodded at me.

"Audra..." He repeated. "I like it."

"And what's your name?" I asked, trying to redeem myself from the stuttering. My eyes raked over him. I could tell he was a man of power with his loud voice, and even his stance. But, mostly I could tell from the hundred thousand dollar watch he wore on his arm, he literally had a condo on his wrist, and the black handmade Caraceni suit from Milan that must've costed at least four grand for the material.

I never miss the little things.

"You don't know who I am?" He asked, genuinely surprised. I raised an eyebrow, unsure of how the hell I was supposed to know him.

"Am I supposed to?"

"You don't know who I am." He repated slowly, but this time it was a statement. Like he was taking it in.

"We've already established that." I said, and his eyes went hard.

"I don't tolerate rudeness, Audra." He said and I cocked my head.

"That's nice." I replied, turning my head to face forward.

"Can I call you sometime, Audra?" He asked, stepping a little closer to me.

I gulped, turing to look up at him. "No."

"Why not?"

"I don't want you to." The doors of the elevator opened and I stepped out, speedwalking to the grand double doors. I could feel him behind me, taking fewer steps but still keeping up with me.

"What's the real reason you don't want me to call you, Audra?" He asked discreetly, people in the lobby greeted him with smiles and straightened postures, calling him Sir. I wondered who he was.

"I've already told you." I said, pushing open the door to stunned Mercer. She was staring at the guy in awe. I looked between them, grabbing my Starbucks cup from Mercer.

"That's too bad." He said, walking to the valet area where an extremely expensive looking black car pulled up. "I'll be seeing you soon, Audra." He called. I watched as a driver scurried out, opening the door for the man and as he ducked his head in he winked at me. I scowled, turning to Mercer.

_______________

If you like this story, VOTE.

To the side is Audra's outfit.

COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS!