5

Vote if you think the guy to the side is hot.

If so, that would be Adam motherfrickin' Steel.

Enjoy this chapter my beautiful readers. (-:

___________________

"I don't know where the hell he came from. He's like a ninja." I sighed into the phone as I walked into the Infinite Diamond Co. building. The large room was slightly crowded with workers.

"He's a panty swipin' handsome ninja." Mercer cooed, and I wanted to cringe.

"No. There will be no panty swiping anytime soon," I huffed. "Talk to you at lunch. Meet me at Jay's?"

"Most definitely. Good luck, Aud! Muah!"

"Thanks. Muah!" I hung up the phone and stepped into the semi-crowded elevator.

By the way...I may or may not have gotten a job offer. Vincent didn't tell me the position, but he said I would be pleased. So, I came to listen. I mean, anyone working for this company would be making well over a 75,000 a year.

People exited the elevator at various stops, leaving me alone. I took this time to suck on a mint, check my teeth, check my makeup, and my hair. As soon as the doors to the elevator opened I rushed out and to the door that read CFO.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm the unwelcome nervous shivers down my spine. I had no reason to worry because they were the ones offering me a job. But, still, in the pit of my annoying stomach there was a glacier-sized bundle of pure anxiety.

I slowly wrapped my fingers around the expensive doorknob that looked shinier than the last time I visited, and pushed the door open. I was instantly greeted with the subtle scent of a men's cologne. It sort of smelled like chamomile...a very earthy, masculine scent. It was very familiar...too familiar.

"I'm so glad you could make it Ms. Williams. You made it just in time to meet my dear friend and CEO of this company. Mr. Adam Steel, meet Ms. Audra Williams. She's the very talented job applicant I told you so much about. i thought she'd be perfect for the job." Vincent spoke in his early morning voice, which I'm guessing isn't as professional as his mid-afternoon voice. It sounded more casual. But, hey..who's thinking about Vincent's morning voice when the evil demon spawn of a man named Adam Steel was standing less than ten feet away from me?

No one, my friends. No one.

"Audra...Audra...Audra... you continue to surprise me. I genuinely was not expecting for you to stroll on in."

"You two know each other?" Vincent asked, his interest piqued. I cleared my throat.

"We met at a part-" I started to lie.

"Elevator." Adam inserted cutting me off.

"It was brief, anyways, how is your morning coming along, Mr. Montgomery?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"It's-"

"Well, my morning just got a whole lot better now that your here." Adam cut Vincent off midsentence, but Vincent didn't look offended. He looked rather amused. I controled my urge to roll my eyes.

"Great. So, Mr. Montgomery...what was the position you were proposing?" I walked forward and took a seat in one of the chairs facing his desk.

"Well," Vincent picked up a manilla folder off his desk and passed it to me. I leaned over and grabbed it. "The position was for a mana-"

"My personal assisstant. I want you to be it. It pays more than any other job we have to offer you." Adam cut someone off for the third time since I had stepped into the room. I held my tongue, afraid of blowing my chances with such an amazing company.

"I think I'm just gonna hear what job Vincent was describing. It seems a bit more my speed. I don't wish to be stuck assissting. I want to be assissted someday." I said truthfully and Adam looked unfazed.

"You will not be stuck, if anything you will acquire a plethora of career oppurtunities and exposure. I attend many events, all of which you will be attending with me." Adam fought his case and I suddenly got the feeling that I was going to seriously have to choose between temptation and a basic job, a.k.a Adam's ego and a basic job, a.k.a Adam's bingo and a basic job.

Without answering, I scanned the job description, even though I already knew what it was. I just couldn't bear meeting gazes with the terror of terrors.

"I accept the job Mr. Montgomery." I spoke confidently, even though I knew for sure that I would regret it. The look on Adam's face assured my negative thoughts. He looked livid. I didn't know why though. I have a choice as to where I work, don't I?

Who the hell was I kidding?

I was dead meat.

"Okay..." Vincent nodded his head but his eyes were glued on Adam as if he was looking for approval. I peeked up at Adam to see him looking unfazed once again, the anger that was in his eyes gone, substituted with his hard emotionless gaze.

"Well, we'll see you at work tomorrow, Ms. Williams." Adam said curtly. I raised a brow.

"Tomorrow? I thought I didn't start until Monday."

"If you want a job, you'll be here tomorrow, Ms. Williams."

"But, I have plans tomorrow." I didn't want to sound like I was begging so I kept a more impartial tone. I knew that's what Adam wanted. He wanted me to beg and be at his mercy. But, I wasn't that girl and he should've known that after the very few days he'd known me.

"Cancel them." He said simply, and exited the office.

I scoffed, not quite believing the events that had taken place.

Adam was the CEO.

I defied his requests and took the normal job.

Adam was pissed with me.

"He likes you." Vincent had seemed absent throughout this entire conversation, but those three words couldn't have been anymore apparent. I looked at him like he had a third head.

"If that's how you show you 'like' someone, I've clearly been showing my affection the wrong way." I joked, putting th emanilla folder with my job description away into my bag.

"No, I don't show affection that way...actually neither does 98% percent of the population. But, Adam shows his affection that way. He feels the need to control the ones he cares about because he doesn't want them making the wrong move. He wants to protect." Vincent explained, and I took in the words.

"He doesn't even know me." I said, more to myself than to Vincent.

"I don't think he really cares." He replied and with that I stood up, said my goodbyes, and made my way out of the building.

My first day of work was the next day.

________________________

Tell me your thoughts.

I know it's a short chpater but I'll update soon a chapter sort of like a part two. (:

VOTE VOTE VOTE

P L E A S E V O T E !

L O V E,

J A N A Y' D A N I E L L E