7

To the side is Audra. Keep reading to find out why she's looking that way. (:

Oh, and you should vote now.

________________________

"Kisses like a queen, her walk is so lean, and every jaw drops when she's in those jeans." I sang One Direction's newest single as I quickly rounded a corner. I was on my way to a small picnic for my friend, Jillian's new baby.

I was already running late due to the fact that Mercer's puppy pooped all over the backseat of my car. I had to spend an extra thirty...really forty... minutes on scrubbing without puking.

Medling dog!

I had to run home, fetch some Febreze and Jillian's gift. Then, I had to rush to the park, find a parking space (impossible), and run into the party. Quickly, I maneauverd around the stone walls surrounding the park before completely knocking someone over.

Who am I kidding, they ran me over like a Lawn Mower. Afraid of the pain of falling, I reached out and grabbed onto what I could of the person.

"Oh my gosh. Are you okay?" I looked up from my spot on the floor, my ass stinging, into the stormy blue eyes of Zane.

I really need to put a bell on this guy.

"Zane, what are you doing here?"

"Uh- It's nice to see you too, Audra." He smiled, gripped my arm, and pulled me up. I stood, still holding onto the gift.

"Oh, sorry," I smiled, feeling a little bad. "It's nice to see you too, but we run into each other so much. I was just a little astounded." I ran a hand through my ruffled hair.

"It's fine." He assured, "I'm actually heading to my sister's baby shower here at the park." He said, and I could've dropped my gift right there.

Sister?!

"Her name wouldn't happen to be Jillian would it?"

"How'd you know?" He asked, looking stupefied.

"I'm the baby's Godmother." I smiled, and his eye's widened.

"Wow, I never knew you and Jillian were close. You two never talked in high school or hung out for that matter."

"It-It's a long story." I zipped qucikly, not at all wanting to elaborate.

"Aren't they all?" He gave me a dazzling grin. "I'll see you later. I have to leave early."

"Oh, okay. Well, it was nice bumping into you! Literally!" I called as he walked away from me.

"You too. I'll be in contact." Looking down at my gift to make sure nothing was damaged. I realized I was holding a slim silver chain in my hands. It had to be Zane's and I had snatched it right off his neck.

~

"O M G! I love them so much, Audra! Thank you!" Jillian gushed while holding up the gifts I'd gotten for her. It was two sterling silver baby frames and a matching diamond earring set for her and the baby (of course when she was of age).

But, all I was focused on was how I never realized she was related to Zane. They have the exact same eyes, the same hair color, and her hair even has the curls that his used to. But, I never noticed.

"What are you thinking about?" A voice startled me from behind making me twirl around. Mercer stood there, a big smile on her goofy face.

"Hey Mer." I greeted, patting the seat next to me. She sat down, but never stopped watching me.