13

Hey! Long time, no see! I missed you all!

This chapter contains MATURE content. So, if you're not comfortable reading, then don't.

To the side is a picture of Adam. (:

Enjoyyyyyyy! :*
___________________

"Holy. shít." I muttered underneath my breath as Eric and I emerged from a long road of thick trees into the drive way of a house that looked more like a palace. I felt my stomach clench and tighten. I had never seen a house like that and it almost frightened me. I placed a hand on my chest to stop the breathing as we rounded a huge statue of a Roman warrior...random.

"Mr. Steel is waiting for you inside. It's just up those stairs. You don't have to knock. Just go staight into the hallway and make your first right. That's all the directions you should need." Eric said, not turning to look at me. His lack of eye-contact made me feel funny, as if I wasn't that important. It kind of made me think about how the naive young girls in movies are treated before they're sacrificed to the seductive rich guy. 

"Okay," I bit my lip and pulled out my small compact mirror to check myself again.

"You look captivating, Ms. Audra Williams, as always. I highly doubt you could even do anything that would mess up your chances with Mr. Steel. I've been his driver for a long time and I can tell he really likes you." He admitted, boosting my confidence, but causing nervous butterflies to take flight. I put away my compact mirror. 

"Thanks, Eric. You're a... real great guy." 

"Thank you, Ms. Audra. Go on and give him one of your tantalizing grins, he'll fall at your feet." Eric sang, and I could see from the positioning of his cheekbones that he was in fact smiling. It made me smile to know that I had caused Eric the robot to smile. In the short time that I spent in the company,  had never seen Eric crack a smile.

"Thanks Eric, I'll see you around." I smiled, and stepped out of the car. The crisp night air was windless on this part of L.A., if we were even still in L.A. that is. I gave a brief wave before closing the door and walking towards the pal- house.

The stairs opened up to me like a City Hall or Court House and each step emitted more and more anxiety into my tense muscles. I ignored the sound of my heart pumping in my ears and the repetitive sound of my heels upon the steps. They were making it worse. When I reached the huge glass double doors, I considered running back to Eric since he hadn't left. 

Suck it up, Audra. You're gonna march in there and you're gonna be confident as fúck because confidence is attractive and you're a boss áss bítch.

I hesitantly wrapped my right hand around the door handle. My left hand idly stroked the material of my dress in anxiety. I pushed the door open, immediately greeted with a beautiful mixture of delectable scents. My mouth watered immediately. Someone had been cooking. 

Adam's foyer looked straight out of the home magazines or pictures you see on tumblr. I nearly stumbled over my own feet walking upon the remarkably shiny marble floors.

I followed Eric's directions and moved along through the main hall. Frames on the walls beside me held paintings of several men of different races, each in his own stance and each holding a different blade.

Okay so Adam's insane.

Above each painting were the actual blades, hanging on the walls in all their shimmering glory. Who would've thought blades could be beautiful? They were beautiful in an odd way. I examined most of them. Several languages, for example Latin and Japanese, were swirled across the blades.