2

Thanks sooo much to those who voted and commented. I am glad you like the story. (:

______________

"For the fifteenth millionth time, Mercer...I. don't. care. who. he. is." I clapped with each word to get my point across. I mean Mercer just didn't understand that no meant no.

I don't care if the man was freaking POTUS himself!! (President of the United States)Money isn't what attracts me.

I stood up from the couch and left Mercer's side to get a Red Velvet donut out of our donut box.

We were having our weekly girls night.

"But, you're being so unreasonable." She huffed, walking towards me to throw herself down on my couch. "I mean...Adam Steel's wealthy, inhumanly smart, sexy as hell, and that body is just...argh!"

Mercer was holding an issue of People Magazine. The pestering Adam Steel was on the cover with a smile that lit up my soul.

But, I...I couldnt let myself fall for his looks. If a guy wants to date me, then he has to date me and get to know me.

I took a bite of my donut. "His body isn't all that so stop it!" I rolled my eyes at her. But, when Mercer flipped open the magazine to a page dedicated to him I choked on my donut.

Adam Steel was shirtless in a pair of shorts, looking like he was training or working out. His body was beyond my expectations. His skin was tanned to perfection, the muscles were taut under his glistening sunkissed skin, and legs were built and strong.

He looked like a man who could get the job done right...if you know what I mean.

"Audra, you're drooling." Mercer said, making me wipe my lip instinctively...but there was no drool.

"Mercer you're such a hoebag."

"And you're such a liar! You're totally into him! Admit it!" She said, pointing a finger at me.

"Not even."

"Come on! The man has you choking and he hasnt even touched you!" She joked, referring to the donut. I put my hands up in submission.

"Fine! He's hot."

"Thank you! The truth is revealed." Mercer announced, making me roll my eyes and take another bite of ny donut.

+++

A couple weeks later, I got up early, ready to go to an interview for a job I've wanted for some time now.

I took a shower, spritzing myself with perfume once I got out.

Then, I curled my hair into waves, putting on a bit of eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, a little blush for contour, and red lipstick.

For clothes, I put on a white blouse with a gold accented collar, a slim black pencil skirt, and a pair of black Louboutins on my feet.

My nails were red and my jewelry was gold. For a purse I carried my black Louboutin with gold accents to match my shoes.

I sprayed myself with my favorite perfume one more time and grabbed my keys out of the bowl and my black blazer off the coat holder by the front door.

-

The business I wanted to become a part of was called Infinite Diamond Co.

They supplied some of the top businesses with the best and most precious diamonds in the world.

I had recieved word that they were hiring from Mercer.

The job title I wanted to have was COO, in other words, Chief Operating Officer.

Yes, I know thats big dreaming and so I'll be going for the position a few spots lower than that.

I was an avid problem solver, and I had enough recommendation letters to last me a life time. So, I knew that if I worked hard I would get the position I wanted.

I was put into Gifted and Talented Education in Kindetgarten. I loved school but it ended early due to my "gifted" mind.

So, I feel like getting this job will definitely help keep my mind occupied.

I walked into the company, looking around at the very nice furniture. It was modern looking, with very few different shades of color other than white, black, and bright yellow flowers in vases.

It looked strikingly familiar, but I pushed the thought far away. I needed to focus on getting this job.

I stepped into the elevator, going up to the floor I was instructed to by the front desk lady.

_______________

Strikingly familiar, huh?

VOTE

COMMENT