4

Finally updating!

Can I get a boo-YAH?!

No?

Okay, sorry. :/

enjoooooooooooyy!!!!!

VOTE NO W

_________________________

After leaving the parking garage with the little bit of dignity I had left, I drove straight home. I needed to get ready for an event taking place at a modern lounge, hosted by my good friend, Nathaniel Price.

Nathaniel was probably the most sought after party planner in the area. He'd made quite a name for himself with his eclectic tastes and genius imagination.

I carefully selected a long sleeved peach romper with an elegant material resembling chiffon. I chose a pair of pastel blue Jimmy Choo heels and the bag to match.

I wore a simple ring of pearls on my neck, two in my ear, and one on my finger to accentuate my flawless updo.

When I had showered and dressed I dialed Mercer on my way to my car.

"So, are you coming to Nate's event or are you blowing it off yet again for that poor excuse of a boyfriend?" I asked her in a bit of a rude tone.

Mercer let out a long sigh. "Can you send Nate my best wishes to his new client?" She pleaded, and I rolled my eyes.

"Mercer! This is one of his bigger clients yet, and whether you're willing to except it or not, Nathaniel likes you. He always expects youto be there, and you know it." I snapped.

Nathaniel not only had a thing for Mercer, but she had never really declined to his advances and so she was just dragging him along while she's in a stupid relationship.

But yet she urges me to get a man.

Over my dead body.

"Aud, you wouldn't understand. Please j-just tell him I couldn't make it." Her voice sounded different.

"Fine, Mercer." I was so irritated with her inconsideration for Nathaniel's feelings. I would never want to see any of my friends hurt, and I still can't believe my own best friend would be so selfish.

"Call me later?" Mercer sounded hopeful. But, I was sort of pissed. I replied with clicking the end button.

~

"Audra, its so good to see you! You look stunning." Nathaniel smiled at me, pulling me into the most over bearing bear hug ever.

Nathaniel was like my cooler older brother. He was the kid that wasn't much older than you, but acted like he was WAY past you in maturity and authority. The bossy kid.

I watched as his eyes scanned behind me in search for Mercer no doubt.

"Mercer couldn't make it. She already had important work plans tonight." I expertly lied.

He nodded, forcing a curt smile on his face.

"Well, enjoy yourself and find me if you need anything! I've missed you so much by the way."

"The party is fabulous so I'm sure that won't be a problem and I've missed you too." He smiled a genuine smile and walked away.

I made a beeline for the candy table, unable to control my urges. I had an insatiable sweet tooth.

I grabbed a candy bag, filling it with a few large gumballs, gummy bears, lollipops, rock candy, chocolate covered marshmallows, and some Jolly Ranchers®.