6

Feel free to faint from the steaming hot picture to the side...

Happy Sunday! *sprays Holy water*

____________________________

When I got home from my very enlightening meeting I decided to just chill out. My initial plans were to head out with Mer and party a bit. But, apparently I start work on a Friday...tomorrow.

I took a shower, pulled on some comfy pajamas, turned on the heater, snuggled under a fuzzy fleece, snacked on Wheat Thins, and watched a rerun marathhon of Scandal on my DVR. Shonda Rhimes is my hero. I watched as Olivia and Fitz got it on in a tech closet.

I wish my love life was as exciting as that.

The sound of my phone ringing interrupted my somber thoughts and I dragged my hand to pick it up.

"Hellooo?" I answered, waiting for the return.

"Audra?" The familiar panty-wetting voice of Adam Steel dripped from the phone. I took a sharp breath, feeling like a thirteen year old girl again.

"Uh- Hi, Adam?"

"That's Mr. Steel to you, Audra," He stated, his tone commanding. I rolled my eyes.

"So, you can call me Audra...but I can't call you Adam?"

"Correct."

"You know what, you are such a-"

"I'm such a what?" He asked. The threat laced in his words made me second guess finishing my statement. I gulped.

"Uh- What were you calling for again?" I asked, trying to keep myself from putting this lunatic in his place. But, really...I was a teeny bit scared.

"That's exactly what I thought Audra. Now, I've contacted you this evening to inform you of the office tradition we have at IDC." (Infinte Diamond Co.)

"What tradition?" I questioned, feeling uneasy. The only reason Adam Steel would be spending his precious time on me is to ruin my existence when I haven't obeyed his command.

"Basically, as a newbie to the company and working period...you have some intern-like duties that last for a few months. For example, you're required to help throw the company end of summer bash and the international conference." He explained, and I felt a bit relieved.

"Oh, that doesn't sound too bad." That wasn't that bad. I mean it's not like I'm a slav-

"Oh, and one last thing." I felt my heart clench just as he said those words. Not one last thing. "You are to be on call for me whenever I need you and however long I need you. There's no ifs, ands, or buts. Well, your butt is welcome, but no excuses."

"What?! That makes absolutely zero sense! I'm not some girl you can just boss around. You had better get it together buddy. And do not make anymore jokes about my butt." I snapped, receiving a deep chuckle from him. I found myself slightly smiling at the sound of his laughter.

"Oh, Audra. You're- you're gonna make me cry. I-I got a tear." He cackled some more until his entire tone shifted. "I want a steaming hot Salted Caramel Mocha on my desk by seven tomorrow morning. It had better be there. And remember, if you're on time...you're late."

Before I could reply, ask questions, or hang up first...he hung up.

xxx

I rushed into Starbucks the next morning and ordered Adam's drink and a drink for me with two extra shots of caffeine. Something told me I would need them.

"Funny seeing you here."

A deep voice beside me made me jump. I turned to look into the stormy blue eyes of Zane McIntyre. He was dressed in a business suit and he looked very handsome. I returned his charming smile with one of my own.

"Not that funny." I retorted and he chuckled.

"God, Audra...you give me such a hard time."

"Do I really?"

"Well, it's definitely no walk in the park getting to know you." He joked, and I laughed.

"Fine. I'll give you my number. Call me so we can familiarize ourselves with each other." I offered, and his grin broadened. Zane pulled out an iPhone 6 plus, handing it to me. I inserted my number with a smile and took a quick selfie for the contact picture.

"You just made my morning." Zane's eyes were on me. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Venti Salted Caramel Mocha and Grande White Chocolate Mocha with two shots for Audrey!" Hearing my order, I ran up to the counter, grabbed my drinks, and rushed towards the door. But, before I exited, I turned and waved at a confused-looking Zane.

~

As I stepped out of the elevator of IDC, I realized this would be my first time entering Adam's office. I took a deep breath, and turned the door knob. Adam's office was unlocked and so I walked in, and sat the drink down on the table. I checked my watch to see it was 6:59.

"He wants me to be here at seven and he isn't even here. Pfft." I murmured as I turned to walk out his office and collided with a solid chest. I looked up into Adam's eyes that seemed to sparkle in every shade of hazel.

"Who isn't even here?" He asked, and I smiled.

"If you're on time...you're late Mr. Steel," I remembered to greet him professionally.

"Not if you're the boss, Audra." He replied, peeling off his suit jacket leaving him in a muscle showing white button-up. I watched as he hung up the jacket and walked around to his desk. I suddenly had the urge to rip off that shirt, letting all the buttons disperse all over the office.

"Audra?"

"Oh, yes." I snapped out of my erotic fantasy.

"What were you thinking about?"

"Oh, you know...Starbucks." I lamely lied and he arched an eyebrow.

"What about Starbucks turned you on? I'm curious." His tone gradually dropped to a very sensual one. I swallowed, unaware that I hadn't done that in awhile.

"Turned me on? Pfft. I wasn't turned on. I was just- I um- I ran into Zane McIntyre there and he said something that made me remember something that I have to do today...now." I turned to walk out of the doors, totally embarrassed by my babbling.

"Audra."

"Yes?" I turned back around.

"As long as you are working for me, I don't want to hear Zane McIntyre's name ever again. Actually, I don't want to hear it period. Don't even think about him." He ordered, and I raised an eyebrow.

"Look here, Adam. I can talk about and think about whomever I want. This is a free country. So, stop acting like you can control me." I snapped, and Adam leaned back in his chair as if he was watching a good movie. "Also, I''m sure Zane actually thinks you're an amazing guy, so he doesn't deserve your hatred."

"This is a free country, yes, but this is my business. So, you will do as I say. I wouldn't give a damn if he viewed me as better than the President." Adam's voice was booming and scary. "Zane is deserving of every fucking bit of my hatred because he wants what I want. So, no, you may not speak about him and you may not think about him." I jumped as he slammed his hand on his desk. "God dammit, Audra you're pissing me the fuck off."

"Hold on, why are you so pissed? What do you want?"

"Audra, get the fuck out of my office." He snapped, and I was genuinely baffled.

"No, answer my question."

"Go back down to the floor before this one, ask for Mrs. Beasly, and she will get you started. Now, get. the. fuck. out." He ordered, and I felt beyond irritated with him.

WHAT DOES ADAM STEEL WANT?

___________________________

Next chapter is going to be A LOT more interesting.

Please be prepared for the drama.

Vote

Comment

Love,

Janay' Danielle