twenty nine

i look up the clear blue sky, took in a deep breaths. meeting taehyung after school was risky. what if my confession just changes our friendship into an awkward one?

but, is kissing, hugging, holding hands even considered to be just friends?

"hey!" i flinched as taehyung appears on the rooftop, "did i scare you?" he broke into a rectangular smile, the one he always has when he is in a good mood.

"why did you want to see me though?" he looked away for a while then stared back deeply into my eyes.

"did you miss me?" he sticked his tongue out, i turned away from him, "miss you? are you crazy-" i stopped myself. it was as though this time my mind was listening to my heart.

i turned back to him. "yes."

"i miss you."

"h-hey, are you okay?" he awkwardly coughed, "you were never this affectionate." he kept scratching his neck due to my sudden straight forwardness.

"but i did miss you."

there was a good 5 seconds of awkward pause between us. "truth is, i always miss you taehyung."

"i fell for you the moment i first saw you." i got lost in his deep eyes as i shoot him a small smile.

he grabbed my hand, carressed it lovingly. "if you did not realise, i also fell for you the first time i saw you."

"well, yeonmi already told me that."

"so you know the whole story?" i shyly nodded.

he interwined his fingers with mine, "you told me to never let go. and i am keeping that promise."

i bit my lips, which made him smirk. "everytime you bite your lips, it just makes me die everytime."

with his other free hand, he grabbed me by the waist and brought me closer to him.

"today is our first day." he placed a kiss on my cheek. i looked down shyly, and rested my head on his shoulder.

"to many more days."