Nineteen: Fire

Elizabeth's POV

The weather here is so nice.

I climb up the cherry blossom tree, and sit on the lowest branch. It's been 12 years since that incident. And I'm glad it happened. After that Kayden and I were like two bodies, one soul.

He is my soulmate. We met by fate. He is my fate. He is the reason that I found happiness. He somehow pulled out a tint of happiness from my dark pit of endless struggle.

He is the reason I smile every day. Once, he was a friend, then it escalated to best friend and now...

He is my life.

And I know that I love him.

I will not deny it.

I love him. A lot.

I start dangling my legs back and forth as I think about, how great it would be if we get together.

"Okay!" I clap my hands. "Today, I'll confess my feelings to him."

My feelings for him have grown too much to be able to somehow muggle up inside me. It has to come out someday.

And that day is today.

I jump down from the tree and start running towards his house.

But to my luck, I see him a few minutes before I could reach his house.

"Where were you going?" I am trying to act normal.

"Just walking, you?"

"Uh... I wanted to tell you something" I fiddle with my fingers.

"Elly, what happened? You know you can tell me anything." he holds my hand.

"Uh... I..."

"Aah!" a voice comes from far.

We both turn our heads and run towards the voice, and what we see is too terrifying for us to even speak a word.

Fire!

Everywhere!

Kayden's house...

Burning!

Kayden tries to run inside but I hold him back. "You'll burn yourself! Kayden! Stop!"

"No! Leave me Elly! Mom!" his eyes were filled with tears.

Suddenly a lot of people rush to us and I don't know who, but someone called fire ambulance.

It arrived and went inside the house.

Kayden was still struggling under my hold, while I was trying to hold him back. He's going to hurt himself.

Why does... Why does it feel so-so familiar?

Suddenly the day my dad and not real mom died came to me as if taunting me. Laughing at me.

Telling me that I'm alone.

I suddenly felt wetness on my cheeks and before I knew it, hot tears were flowing down my cheeks.

Wh-Why is everything looking so blur?

And it wasn't long enough before darkness captured me, and all I could see was black.

I fainted.

...

Sunlight...

It's hitting my eyes...

I open my eyes and see that I'm in my room. What happened?

Suddenly everything comes back.

Fire, memories, unconsciousness, Kayden.

Wait! Kayden? Where is he?

I hurriedly get up and go outside my room. Empty? Good. No one's at home.

I get out of my house and run towards Kayden's house.

His gate is open?

"Kayden?" I call out.

No response.

I peek inside. Darkness. "Kayden?" Again. No response.

I open the gate and uncertainly walk inside. "Kayden, are you there? Please say something."

Silence.

"K-Kayden? P-Please say you are in there?" I check his room, living room and kitchen. But he's nowhere to be found.

Okay, now I'm getting scared.

"Kayden?" I try looking in the backyard.

I walk a bit and suddenly hear splashes.

What?

I run towards the pool and there he is.

W-WHAT!?

I see Kayden...

In the pool...

Drowning...

⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪

What!?

I won't say anything ahead...

Just know that I already forgot that I said that there will be glimpses of the next chapter in all the chapters.

Whoopsie daisies!

I finally thought that I won't post glimpses in the 'past story' chapters as they'll give away the secrets. Okay?

This chapter is dedicated to JayKrishnaShukla Love ya gurl!!!

Love me!
Xx_TheRainbowGirl_xX aka Diya