Twenty Two: The Heck?

Elizabeth's POV

Everything was finished that day.

It was as if my soul was taken away from me and someone was repeatedly stabbing me.

I felt wetness on my cheeks and I wiped all the tears away. I remember the day.

It was the very same day my real mother died.

It was the day I was left all alone.

But now, after 3 years, I've found something important to me. I remember, 9 months ago, the day we said 'I like you' to each other. Now that I look back at it, it was the day I really smiled. The day I smiled from my soul.

And now, I can't bear to lose Matt too. I've already lost a lot in my life. One more loss and I'm dead. Each and everything has a limit. And I've reached to my limits.

I-

"White? You okay?" Matt comes in and sits beside me.

I look at him "Are you okay?"

"I'm not. I want you to tell me what happened on our date. I know you are not telling me the whole truth. Please. I beg you, White. Please tell me."

I sigh. And tell him all that happened.

He listened everything very silently. And after I finished telling him, there was a look of regret in his eyes.

He sighs. "Okay, I will tell you everything. Just don't freak out, okay?"

I nod.

What happened? Why is he so serious?

He was about to say something when...

"Aargh!" he holds his head.

"Are you okay Matt!?" I run towards him and hold him.

What is happening with him?

"I-I am okay. I just wanted to let you know that I was...not in my sane mind. I had a bit of fever and... That's it."

"You mean, all you did was because of fever!? Stop lying!? I'm here to help you but all you do is push me away! Doesn't our relationship matter to you!?" I get up with teary eyes.

"I think I get it. I'm the only one who loves you. All you do is just push me away and be so damn stubborn!" I shout.

"Wait! You-you love me?" he stares at me wide eyed.

Oh shit! What have I said?

"I-I... I meant that..."

He pulls me towards him, and before I could comprehend anything, his lips were on mine.

My eyes open wide. What? Matt is kissing me?

Before I could response, he pulls away and keeps his head on mine, his eyes closed. I close my eyes as well.

" You don't know, how much I was dying to do that." he breathes out "And... I love you."

He pulls back and leaves me there, standing alone in a whirpool of thoughts.

The heck?

⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪

There, I present you the smallest chapter!

The beautiful cover up there is made by none other than.... *drum rolls * pineapple_parabatai

Thanks a lot girl! I was really touched when I saw it. To think that my book has such a devoted reader...

Thank you...

It's all because of you readers that my book is hitting almost 300 reads!!!

Damn!

So... Incident for today...

Our school was caught on fire! Yup! Dance room had electrical fluctuation and boom! But thank goodness nothing severe happened!
Our english teacher's comment "You children have had your fun adventure today"

Is she serious?

Xx_TheRainbowGirl_xX aka Diya