Sixty Two: Lover Dream

Matthew's POV

I sit still, unable to muster up the courage to say something after what she has told me.

"You see!" she screams, with tears in her eyes, "I am no longer your innocent Elly. He has tainted my soul, so badly, that I couldn't even think about living normally again. Why don't you just leave me, and find a girl, who deserves you? Being with you, I'll just contaminate you with my filth!"

I...

"HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT?!!" Does she think so lowly of me? "How could you even think that about yourself?! If it hadn't been for you, I would have died a long time ago. I was able to hold on to my breath, only when I thought of you!"

"I-" she speaks, but I interrupt her.

"Why are you always trying to leave me? Why do you think you are not deserving enough? Because, trust me, you deserve all the happiness in this world. Your soul shines so bright, it helps me see my path ahead, clearly. God gave you this life, because he knows that you can handle it. Don't you realize, that you are the one who gave me a reason to live on? Please... Just don't leave me. I'll die... I'll die without you, Elizabeth. I love you so damn much, that it is unbearable to stay a moment without you. Please, j-just d-dont leave..." I have tears in my eyes now. Wow! So pathetic, ain't I?

 Wow! So pathetic, ain't I?

Elizabeth's POV

Speechless...

Only that single word is enough to define my state of mind right now.

Was I wrong?

Will he really die without me?

Am I strong?

And most importantly...

Do I really deserve him?

"Please.... Don't leave." he gets down on his knees. Why? How can I be loved so much by someone?

It was as if, something inside me shone, and I am seeing the light. Tears fall down like raindrops, from my eyes.

"Sorry.... I am really sorry..."

I close my eyes, as I feel a pair of warm arms engulfing me in its warmth.

We stay like that for a moment, not speaking a word. Our souls, doing the talking. Our eyes, saying the unspoken words. And our hearts, beating in sync with each other. For each other...

"Sorry, to disturb you. But I have a good news." A voice makes us jump apart from each other. I wipe my eyes in a hurry and look at the doctor who was smiling at us.

"Yout brother is awake."

It was all that took for me and Matthew to jump up and down like a 5 year old kid, who has finally got his candy, after finishing his homework.

We both run towards the room, and look through the glass. And there he was, sitting.

Matt opens the door and walks inside. But I don't. They deserve some privacy. I smile to myself and sit outside, collecting my thoughts.

I love you so damn much...

He has said those three words already to me, but... This time, they weren't just words. There were countless emotions, countless pains behind them. It was as if, he wanted to stay with me, forgetting everything that has happened.

I... Love him too. But, I had always feared that, maybe it was just a dream. And one day, I'll wake up, to find myself, back into that lonely, dark life. With no Matt.

It feels too good to be real. It's a dream... No, a fairy tale come true...

I smile again. I'm smiling a bit too much from the past 10 minutes...

Even if it is a dream... I want to enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

Okay, it is final

Okay, it is final. There will be 2 more chapters after this. That's it. Then this book will be marked complete.

It has been so long since I have started this book. But... After epilogue, I will add some bonus chapters.

So long,
Diya