Forty Seven: Happy(Not) Birthday

Matthew's POV

January 4th.

I have to do this. Today.

B-But, What if something happens to her? No. I'll be there. We'll be together. I will protect her.

"E-Elizabeth!"

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Elizabeth's POV

5...4...3...2...1...Ding!

Finally!

I let the cake sit in the oven for a few minutes before taking it out.

I let it cool for a bit before pulling out all the icings of different colours. Let's get started.

...

Phew! I wipe the icing off my forehead. God knows how it managed to stick there?

"Elizabeth!" someone shouts behind me making me jump and the icing tube jumps from my hand and onto the mentioned someone's head.

"W-Who-" I turn to see Matt standing there, icing tube on his head and cream onto his face.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry." I hurriedly reach for the tissues and wipe his face clean.

"There, better!" I toss the tissue towards the dustbin and it goes inside, making me metally whoop.

"Hey, you have some on your face too." he comes closer, making my breath hitch in my throat.

He comes closer, making me close my eyes. And... Licks the icing off my cheek, which makes me blush ten shades of red.

"U-Uh.... W-what...I"

He starts laughing loudly "Look at you! You are all flushed right now. Didn't know that I had that effect on you." he winks.

I shake my head to clear my head from all the inappropriate thoughts, which were creating a whirpool i side my head. Believe me, you don't want to know what's going on inside my head.

"Anyways, what are you doing here? "

My question seems to remind him of something, because as soon as I asked it his smile turned upside down.

"I was calling you from the past ten minutes. What were you doing? " he scratches the back of his neck, looking down.

"I," I turn around and pick up the cake, showing it to him "was making this for you." I smile my toothy smile.

"Oh," he looks up, to the cake "I should have guessed from the icing. But, for whom?"

"I really want to face palm myself for finding such a stupid boyfriend." the word boyfriend brought a smile to my face, and a matching smile to his too. "Did you forget? Today is your birthday! C'mon, you have turned 18!"

His smile again turned upside down. Did I say something wrong again?

"What happened?" I keep the cake back down and look at him.

"Did you forget? Today is not only my birthday." he looks down.

Oh shit!

"Uh... Yeah. I-I remember. Today is his b-birthday too."

"Yeah. And I cannot celebrate my birthday till he open his eyes. I am sorry, White. I-You did so much for me, but I can't be truly happy till he is fine and healthy again."

"I-I understand. I really want him to be healthy and happy again. So that both of you can live happily and celebrate your birthday together." I was dissapointed a bit, but I understand.

"That's what I was going to talk about. I-I know how to cure him. I know where the antitode for the drug is. "

"Really?!" So we can save him? "Where? And... If you did know about its whereabouts, then why didn't you go earlier?"

"I got to know about it only a few days back. I-In Kayden's secret box. I don't know who put it there, but that's where I found it." he looks down.

"So, where is it? Are we going now?" I couldn't control my excitement.

"Yes. Are you ready?"

I nod.

"So let's go."

We both come out and sit in his car, which apparently was kept here in the garage.

And we sped off to the roads to god knows where...

❤❤❤❤❤❤

Matthew's POV

It wasn't easy to lie to her...

❤❤❤❤❤❤

Sorry that there are so many POV changes. But there had to be for the story to be properly understood.

Anyways, sorry for the slow updates. My schedule and mind has been really hectic right now. There is just so much chaos going on in my life. And I can't even share them with my bff as there are some problems going on between us.

So... Please understand me. I'll try to update as much as I can. I swear.

Till then...
Diya out ♥