Fifty: Her Moon...

Elizabeth's POV

Matthew...

He is too good for me, isn't he?

After everything he has went through, he still manages to shine brightly. Like a moon in the night sky.

I know that he appears all happy and cheerful outside, but I have known him for years. I can see what's going on inside him.

He's trying to struggle out of the darkness inside him. He is trying to shine brightly despite all the black that's surrounding him.

He is like the moon, who provides light to all the people struggling in the darkness, without realizing it. He gave me light when I was at my worst.

Since the day I have met him, all I have desired is to be the sun to this moon. To shower him with endless light and love so that he shines brightly than ever.

But how can I do that when all that within me is just endless darkness?

I have to have some light in me to shine upon others. I have to have some love in me go be the sun for the moon.

All I see is face of Matthew smiling brightly, trying to fight all against him with courage... Courage than I could never have.

I try to reach forward to touch him, but he moves backwards, away from me.

I know I can never be good enough for him.

He is too good for me. To good for a person who is shattered from inside, to the point that even fixing me would leave behind hideous scars that can never be cured.

I always have tried to become a perfect girl for her... But all I can become is a perfect mess.

I want to be the sun, who would help him stand up, who would help him overcome his past and mostly who would lead him to the right path by showing light to him.

I have always adored the moon for what it is. I always have asked myself... Why do I adore the moon so much? Does it hold any meaning in my life?

But maybe now I have found my answer. I have always shown love and adoration towards the moon because I have seen Matthew in it. Moon is Matthew for me and Matthew is moon for me, showing me light even in the darkest corners.

People keep staring at the stars, making patterns within them, because they appear to be something they can never reach. We mostly desire what we can never have. But has anyone ever tried to appreciate the moon, who's absence makes us blind.

All this ignore awakens the feeling of ignorance within the moon. Ignorance of his potential and desires.

I suddenly open my eyes... A dream? Or a thought. I secretly glance towards Matthew, a smile forming on my face. I close my eyes again...

Matthew hasn't realized how precious he is...how much potential he holds and how much desire he has buried inside him.

So that's why I want to give him what's he desires... Unconditional love with the most pure and innocent heart.

But I don't deserve him. Someone, with much more potential and love inside her deserves him. I can only provide him endless misery and agony, by dragging him into my past.

So I must maintain my distance.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

This and the last chapter is to show that how similar are in nature. Just for that, I made them both of 556 words. It was hard but I managed it. Nighttime is really magical.

I should start writing in the night from now on. Do tell me how you feel about their emotions for each other.

I, as the writer, feel as if they are both insecure of their feelings for each other.

And...there might be slow updates as I'm planning to write a new book.

Diya out...