Twenty Five: Who Are You?

Elizabeth's POV

I don't know what am I doing.

I don't know if what I am going to do is right or not.

I just know one thing...

That I love... like Matt. And I'll do whatever it takes to help him get better.

These were the thoughts I was having as I climbed in his room through the window, as his door was locked.

I wonder if he still has that diary...

Thud!

Ah! And here I thought that the landing would be quiet.

I see Matt sleeping peacefully on his bed. He looks like an angel. Adorable!

Snap out of it!

I rummage through his drawers and his wadrobe as quietly as I could. But no avail. There's no dairy over here. Now what?

"Looking for something, princess?"

A voice from behind made me froze. But this is not the time to be scared. I have to save Matt. I may have not been able to save Kayden, but I will save Matt.

I turn to look af him.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I don't know what you are talking about?" he shrugs, innocently.

"I know you are not Matt. Who are you?" I try to act bravely.

"So.... Little princess wants to know my secret, huh? Or...do you want to know my name? Or maybe...you want to know, where your little lovey dovey Matt is?"

"I-" I suddenly think it over. What was it that I really wanted to know? What have I come here for? His name? His secret? Or Matt's whereabouts?

"What? You don't know? Just take the book and maybe, you might find some answers from there... But know this, if you could somehow make me speak up, you might get more.." he smirks.

"You won't tell me easily, will you?"

"Nope. So... How should we make this interesting? Yeah! I think I get it. Play a game with me. I love games, you know?"

"What game?" I am a bit scared by his tone.

"That, I'll tell you by tomorrow. So, good night, little star. Be prepared for your torture. And yeah, don't you even dare tell anyone, I'll kill Matt. Oh well, you won't be able to tell anyone either way." he laughs, evilly.

I get out from his room, not empty handed. I have the book in my hand. You see, he had the book, in his hand, while he was speaking to me. And when he was busy smirking and telling me shit, I slipped the book out of his hands.

But...

What if he did want me to have it? What if I did the wrong thing to bring this book?

I shrug. Let's see.

Suddenly I bump into someone. Kaira.

"Kaira! You have to help-"

"Sorry, Eliza, I have to leave. I mean, c'mon, if you wanted to have some time alone with Matt, you should have told us sooner. Why are we told to move to another hotel, just the day before? But" she shrugs "It's okay. You enjoy, okay?" she pats my shoulders and leave.

They are leaving?

Leaving me alone here?

To save Matt?

Then I remember his words...

"You won't be able to tell anyone either way."

So he planned all this...

What am I getting myself into...

But... This is for Matt!

⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪

I'm so sorry... I wasn't able to update, although the chapter was ready. Reason? Net was gone. For two freaking days!

I know you all can feel the pain! 😭

Two freaking days with no net!

In one word...

HELL!

So... Aside from my whining, I hope you like the chapter.

I'm really excited, I'm going for a school trip with my friends to Manali (a place in India). Yaaas honey! And... I have no one to dedicate the chapter to this time, except for all my lovely readers.

My friend is giving me chocolates for drawing some drawings for her! That's what you call a bff. She knows my weakness.

Love from chocolates
Xx_TheRainbowGirl_xX aka Diya