Twenty Eight: Search For Answers

Elizabeth's POV

It's the day.

The day I begin my search for answers.

I have one week left before winter break ends. That is my time limit.

Time limit, to find the story behind the face of the guy I once loved, and the guy I love now.

I put all my neccesities in my bag and put in on my shoulders. Moving out, I lock the door and bid farewell to Austin.

"Where are you going?" Shit! That voice.

I turn around to see Kaira standing there. What is she doing here?

"Uh...what are you doing here?" I ask.

"I just wanted to return your notes. Thanks for letting me copy them." she gives me a close eyed smile amd extends the notes towards me.

"Uh.. Okay. Your welcome." I take the notes and throw them into my bag. I might as well study them on my trip. We have english exam 3 week after school reopens. Although I doubt I'll be there to attend it.

"So... Where are you going?" dammit! She asked.

"Uh... You see, I had some errands to do so I was heading towards Matt's house." I somehow muster up a lie.

"Oh Okay! Enjoy! Bye" she waves and leaves.

I lean on the door and sigh. Phew! That was close.

I adjust the strap of the bag on my shoulder and make my way towards the airport.

4 hours later...

I breathe in, and breathe out.

I'm here.

The place that holds many memories, some good some bad. The place which first gave me life and then snatched it away from me.

I look at the house, where thousands of memories are still alive, but the reason for those memories are....dead.

I look at the door handle, it's a bit rusty. I remember, no one was interested in buying this house seeing a death took place here. The death of my mother.

She died on the same day as... Kayden. And she died in the same house. I don't know why she decided to....suicide here.

I turn the handle and push the door open, making it creak. I walk inside and observe my surroundings.

It's all the same. Nothing has changed. Except me.

I walk up towards Kayden's room and suddenly the nostalgia hits me. It's the same place where I lost my first love.

But despite all the painful memories, I push the door open and see that the whole room is covered in dust.

I have to find those pages. Soon.

I put my bag aside and start rummaging through all the drawers, but no avail. There is nothing in here.

I check his wardrobe, his washroom cabinet, the secret cabinet behind the mirror and even a secret drawer under the floor. But nothing.

Why? I think the torn pages should have been in here somewhere.

I sit down on the bed and start thinking.

Where could it be?

Where...

Wh-

Wait!

Maybe...

I stand up, instantly, pick up my bag and come out of his room. And walk towards another. I look at the wooden frame hanging at the door.

"My world is my son, but I want to be the universe to him."

⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪

I'm sorry. I'm a bit lost. I am a bit confused, so there will be slow updates. Above that, I had fever due to which I was unable to update.

If you can give me some ideas or want something to happen in the story or any changes, do pm me. Don't comment here.

All ideas are welcome.

And I'll not forget to dedicate the chapter to you.

And thank you for 400 reads!

Xx_TheRainbowGirl_xX aka Diya