2, Smell

My Fifth period is on the top level of the school. My six period was at the bottom level. There are three levels to the building. But I guess I'm getting more exercise.

I was gonna be late. I was practically leaping off the stairs but then I slipped on something or someone. I knew it was the end.

I praised myself for the fall but it never came. I opened my eyes to meet green ones. They were enchanting up close. I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"Hi " she said with a husky voice. Hot.

"Hot. I mean hi" I said. I then noticed she grabbed me by the waist. I like it. Why??

I moved away from her hands and grabbed my bag from the floor . I looked at her one more time to see she was checking me out. I turn around confused at that whole interaction and trying to get to my class. I was late. But her eyes were my excuse.

The next day........

Hunter asked me to meet him at the field instead of going to lunch. I said yes of course. But before I went to meet him, I went to my locker.

After I put my books into locker, I closed it and was met with the emerald eyes of the goddess that practically saved my life. I screamed.

"What are you doing?" I said still startled.

"Wow you got pipes on you, that's nice to know" she said with a light smirk.

I scoffed and left with my books in my arms. She followed making me more annoyed.

"So whats your name?" She asked.

"Grace" I said quietly. She was way to close to me. I could feel her shoulder against my own. I felt a shock and moved away from her.

"Nice name. I'm Nova but sure you already know that." She said with a slight smile, but it didn't reach her eyes.

"Why are you talking to me?" I asked her.

"Cause I like you" she said with a smirk. My eyes went wide. Is she serious? Why is my heart beating fast? "You're cool and kinda feisty, I like it" she said. It made my heart skip a beat.

"What do you mean like me?" I said with my eyes still kinda wide. My throat was dry now.

"I mean I like you, and I can't wait to see you more" she said while taking me in again. She was flirting. I kinda like it though.

"I'm not gay" I said looking down. "I have a boyfriend."

" Hm We might have to change that last part." She said walking away.

I watch as she walked through the doors of the cafeteria. My head was spinning. What did she mean by that? We might have to change what? The gay part or the boyfriend. Because both are going to stay the same. I'm sure. I'm not gay.

I think.....

I walked to the field with my mind spinning and me questioning everything. I saw Hunter and ran a little to him.

"Hey, What took so long?" He asked looking worried.

"Oh nothing I just spaced out sorry. SO why did you want to meet out here?" I asked wanting to change the question.

"I just wanted to spend some alone time with you, one on one" he said with a smile.

"Oh okay, well let's do that then" I said returning his smile.

He kissed me. And for the first time, I kissed back. We kissed for a while until my lungs were starting to close. He smiled at me giddy and the happiest I have ever seen him.

I just wished I was as happy as him. I wish I was thinking about that kiss instead of the smell of her hair and the way her lips moved while she talked.

I sit and wait. Wait for more. Wait for the smell to escape my senses but it never does. And hasn't left since.

Smell...