15, A Question

Grace~

"What do you want to do?" She asks me. Her bored tone saying more than I could tell. Nova had her hair up with her textbooks all around her.

"We are doing our homework Nova, that's all we will be doing." I say still trying to figure out this math problem. God I hate Geometry.

"Aren't we supposed to be building our relationship and not our minds?" She jokes. I look up at her to see her giving me a desperate look.

"Is it that boring to just do homework?" I ask and she shakes her head yes with the most adorable pout. I couldn't help but smile. Walking to her, her eyes follow with caution causing more tension in the air. I get on the bed and put my head in her lap. The eyes of wonder looked at me with green orbs. I smile, "What do you want to do?"

"Anything" She proclaims and a new kind of happiness shakes within in me. I press a finger on her nose and just look at her.

"Why do you love softball?" I ask, she grabs my hand and kisses it softly before going on.

"I love the game, it makes me feel free, and wild. Like it's just me and the ball."

"You mean the ball and I right?"

"Wow, look who the grammar police is." She says with a smirk and I can't help but giggle a little. "Anymore personal questions?"

I thought about it for a little before the question popped up and wouldn't leave my head. I hesitantly say "Why'd you leave last year?"

Her eyes widen and I see a sense of panic start to rise in them. She pulls away and lays back on the pillows, I move and decide to lay next to her. Her eyes are shut and her lips are in a thin line. I see hurt in her face. I immediately regret my question. Her shallow breathing starts to fill the room and everything in the room tenses.

I decide to caress her face slightly with the back of my hand to get her attention and her eyes snap open. I see a tear start to form and I take a deep breath before saying:

"You do not have to tell me anything, if you're not ready too." I held her gaze. "It just came to mind, but I never meant to over step a boundary."

"No, if I'm gonna tell anyone it has to be you. Especially you." Sadness filled those green eyes and made my stomach drop.

"Okay, only if you're ready." I say and wait for her to start.

"Well um, my parents sent me away when they found out I was gay." My eyes widened and my heart stopped. I opened my mouth but she continued before I could say anything. "I didn't go to conversion therapy, No, they just sent me to my grandma who is the most religious woman you will ever meet. It was hell, being watched like I was nothing and talked to like I was, Satan. I think satan would get a better conversation with my Grandma than me but I have it better than most people. So, Yeah"

I sighed in relief they didn't do what I expected. I scoot closer to her and hold her face.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that."

"It's fine, I'm over it."

"No you're not but that's okay, the wound is still fresh. Give it time. All wounds eventually heal, maybe not well but they heal"

She looks deeply into my eyes as if searching for something.

"How are you the kindest person I've ever met?" I smile at the compliment and she brings me even closer.

Lightly pressing her lips on mine, I feel the tension leave the room. And the happiness finally returns.

Kissing at this angle could only be so comfortable but I was still surprised when she moved on top of me. Especially because we just got super personal and the fact that she still wanted to touch me was better than I expected.

One hand on my hip another behind my neck. My hands on both of her shoulders. This position was very compromising. Yet I didn't care anymore. I just liked how good her lips felt against mine. But the bliss was short lived as her door opened.

"Oh god, sorry!" The voice says and shuts the door.

"Oh my god, AARON!" Nova screams. Rolling her eyes as she leaves to go scream at him some more, while I'm just left lying there.

Is it normal for your chest to feel like it's floating? Cause I feel like I'm in space and I don't want to leave her orbit.

I wait there until I look at the clock and see it's getting late. I decided it's best to just leave, and i clean up my mess and get my backpack. Not before leaving a note on the desk. I leave to see them at his door having a very heated argument.

"YOU KNOW YOU CANT KEEP BRINGING GIRLS HERE, YOURE GONNA GET CAUGHT." He yells. Then my mind leaves space and back to the ground. So there are others?

"SHE IS THE ONLY GIRL IVE BROUGHT HOME, SINCE LAST YEAR." She yells back and I feel a sense of pride wash over me. I'm the only girl she brought home.

"That doesn't mean anything, if mom or dad caught you? It's back there, do you want to spend the next year with a woman who thinks your sick?!" He protest and I feel a tight pain in my chest. Her soft cries make the whole situation worst.

I send her a text to say I went home but I hope to see her soon.

"She left, Thanks for that." She says before I hear her try to leave. So I power walk my cute little butt down the stair and out of the house. Feeling a mix of emotions pass through me.

I walk to Kali's house and wait on her porch for her to get home. I didn't mind waiting for her but I just hope whatever happens with Nova that she's gonna be okay. That we'll be okay. Because the thought of losing her when I just got her hurts like hell. Losing her in general would be the worst. Hell would be better than not having her.