20, Hurt

Grace~

She was alone thankfully. Her brother wasn't coming home anytime soon. We both were sitting on her couch, my cheek stung and the tears were struggling to come out. I'm sat up straight trying to get my feelings in order, while she is leaned back just staring at me making my head spin more. It was 1 in the morning. I shouldn't be here but yet here I am, with my hands on my things and my ponytail up high. I feel her move slightly but i can't make eye contact or i know it'll all be over. I refuse to cry in front of her.

"What's wrong Grace?" She asks me and I close my eyes. If I think hard enough the feeling will go away right? This feeling of betrayal. This feeling of hurt. When I feel her hand caress my cheek, I finally open my eyes. She looks more concerned than ever. The first of many tears fall.

"I don't want to be alone" I say and the tears fall and she holds me tight. As I cry my little heart out she soothes me with her words of endearment and I try my best not to completely melt in her hands.

She takes me upstairs to her room and lays me down on her bed. She then gets next to me and puts the blanket around us. She holds me tight until I can fall asleep but it isn't for awhile due to the crying. The tears feel like they will never stop but Nova's warmth helps heal the pain. She kiss my forehead lightly as I finally dose off. But not before hearing her say:

"This pain will pass, love"

---

I woke up to arms around my waist, and a warm body pressed against me. It was a lovely surprise from the usual cold sweat I would wake up in due to a lot of blankets because it was winter. December 13 to be exact and my birthday was soon to arrive. The memory of last night came like a headache and I couldn't help but blame myself. If I'd just have been at the dinner, everything would have been okay. It was my fault for getting up and at her face. This was all my fault.

"What was your fault, babe?" I hear from my left ear. I turn my body and Nova has a sleep look on her face. Oh how I would love to wake up to that everyday. She finally opens her eyes with a waiting expression. This was gonna be hard.

"I fought with my parents yesterday, about so many things I don't even know what at this point." I say as I lay my head back down on the pillow. She pulls me toward her and I light giggle leaves my mouth. She hummed for me to continue. "One thing led to another and my mom she, she slapped."

"She slapped you?!" Nova got up and looked at me. She was mad you can tell from the eyebrow frown and dark look in her eyes. Kinda of hot to be completely honest. Not the time grace.

"Yes" I say, Putting my hand on her cheek, slightly caressing it. "But I don't want to worry about it right now, I just want to be here with you."

Her face softens and she kisses my lips softly as if they would shatter at the touch. She then kisses my forehead and goes back to her last position pulling me in next to her. It feels right just being here with her, doing absolutely nothing. She was a beam of light, nothing could change that for me. Nothing could stop me from loving her.

I love her. So much. I love her. I'm in love.