13, Purple

Nova~

I noticed how perfect her ponytail was the day at the beach. How there wasn't a single strain of hair out of place. How her hair tie was always pink. I wondered why it stays the same, though I already asked her, I believe there's more to the story.

She is so perfect. Skin clear as day. Hair of course never out of place. Always wearing the right thing. She gets flustered easily but she knows how to keep her calm. She's the smartest person I know.

I'm not perfect. Not in the Slightest. Though I do have perfect skin. I've been told it's like caramel. I would describe it as just brown. My hair is almost as dead as me because I dye it so much. My curl type is probably 3a thanks to my mom. But her curl type is 4a and gorgeous.

My clothes have holes in them and are just not the best. I have the same wardrobe from Freshman year. Yet my street smarts get me along just fine. My School smarts lack.

I felt like I needed an adventure so when Grace and I were walking to my car, I asked her something.

"Wanna play ball?" I asked with a slight smirk present on my face. Her face looked confused yet oddly curious.

I took her the batting cages.

It was the closest thing I had to actually being on the field and it felt amazing. Holding a bat and hitting the ball felt like old times. Or I should say better times.

I look at Grace and she jumps every time the bat hits the ball and bounces on the cage. Her nose scrunches up, like she's hurt.

I stop and go up to her.

"So Wanna take a whirl?" I say swinging the bat around. Her eyes go wide and she puts her hand on the bat to stop me from swinging.

"Please stop doing that" she says. I ask her again and she just stares at me.

"You don't have to if you don't want too. I was just asking to make sure." I say with a smile to try to calm her down. In stead of answering she takes the bat and makes her way into the cage. I stop her. And she looks confused. "You're gonna need this"

I put a helmet on her head and tap it for good luck. She gives me a sheepish grin and goes inside.

Not even five minutes later, she's out of the cage. She got hit twice with the ball and dogged another two. She throws the helmet were the others are and sits on the bench with her arms crossed.

"Ugh I really tried and I failed. Oh my god I got hit TWICE Nova, not once but TWICE." She says her arms moving around frantically. As she continued to rant I just got lost in her. She is the most beautiful person I have ever seen and I want more of her in this world.

"You did get hit with the ball but you did your best and that's all you can do sometimes" I say and she looks at me and I feel my heart go to my throat.

"You're right but I would have liked to do better. By the way, you're amazing" she says. It's my turn to smile sheepishly.

"Thanks, but this just means we have to come her more often."

"We?" She asks. Then, with a small smile, she looks down. "We hmm."

.............

On the ride back I could feel my heart beating fast in my chest and couldn't help but wonder if she could hear it. If she could hear that she was the cause of my rapid rhythm playing. If she could feel the slow tension in my fingers that were all because of the way she laughs at my jokes.

She was slowly becoming my love but quickly becoming my favorite person.

"Why do you dye your hair?" She asks me, Looking out the window. I glance at her and she was trailing her finger on the window and I so badly want to know what she is tracing.

"I like purple so I put it in my hair." I say and she chuckles.

"That's a great reason to dye your hair. Do you do often?"

"Yeah, pretty often, that's why my hair feels like a rats nest." She doesn't laugh that time.

"I like how your hair feels. The purple fits you like a glove and it's beautiful, like you." And I suddenly can't breathe.

Luckily the light is red. So I look at her, But she was already looking at me. The look on her face says she adores me and I so badly wanted to kiss her. So I leaned in and she met me half way. The kiss was brief When she pulled back. And with the lightest of touches, She softly caresses my face with her hand. I smile and she does the same.

"The lights green, Nova" she says with a laugh. And I don't even care about the light anymore as long as I can hear her laugh one more time.