11.1

11.1
( the first case back. )

☆ ★ ☆

spencer

Spencer's chest splits wide open when she arrives back home.

"Hey. Pretty Boy," Morgan hisses under his breath, making him look up with a roll of his eyes, ready to reply sarcastically to the nickname, but Morgan isn't looking at him. He's standing, moving around desks to greet the familiar smile of Iris Remington with a grin of his own. 

She's wearing black trousers help up by a leather belt, a white long-sleeved blouse tucked neatly into it (with a little tail poking out at the back like she always has), and when she breaks out her signature smile Spencer's heart cracks wide open...

She's wearing black trousers help up by a leather belt, a white long-sleeved blouse tucked neatly into it (with a little tail poking out at the back like she always has), and when she breaks out her signature smile Spencer's heart cracks wide open in his chest. Her eyes are exhausted and her face bare from make-up, but she still looks just the same as she always has. The same aspiring beam of actual sunshine.

She's grinning as Morgan approaches, Spencer (and Seaver) hesitantly wandering along behind him, unsure of what to do in this situation of unresolved issues. And after their kiss, and their argument, there seem to be quite a few issues.

"Hey," she breathes, and then, a split second later, Morgan is capturing her in a bone-crushing hug that practically lifts her off her feet. Her face pokes over his broad shoulder, just her eyes because he's so tall compared to her, and they're scrunched shut from happiness.

They pull back, and Spencer expects her to look at him next, but her grin is directed at something behind him. Then, a second later, he's jolted out of the way by Garcia, who blurs past in a smudge of colour and yelling, before she flings herself at Iris. The blood is rushing in his ears, explaining why he hadn't heard her coming.

Rossi arrives behind Spencer too, and Iris waves with one hand and a struggled smile, lungs clearly constricted within Garcia's tight embrace. Rossi snorts.