Chapter One

This'll be a fun chapter~ Well, kinda.
-Chaotic Kat

First Person P.O.V.
(Y/N)

I was walking through the streets with Zoe and Lea, all of us unsure what we were going to end up doing.

I, for one, just wanted to sit at the park or go home. Lea wants to research one thing or another, she always liked working, while Zoe wants to go swimming in the city pool.

While walking, I listen in on Lea's and Zoe's conversation like I always did and do.

"Why research ducks when we could go swimming instead? And why ducks?" Zoe grumbled, obviously annoyed.

"Why go swimming when we can learn about ducks? And because ducks are amazing." Lea huffed, annoyed as well.

"We should go swimming while it's still summer and the sun is out!"

"We can swim another day. We never do what I want to do!"

"That's because what you want to do is booooring."

Deciding that I heard enough, I start to walk ahead of them, putting my ear buds in and putting my music on shuffle.

This is why I bring my phone everywhere. Great tool to use when trying to ignore your friends.

They eventually notice me speeding up and catch up to me, Zoe grabbing my arm while Lea pulls out one of my ear buds.

"Yo, where do you think you're going? Lea and I decided we'll go to the mall!" Zoe says with a grin.

I quickly shake my head. I like the mall and all, but it's way too crowded. Therefore, too much social interaction.

"I don't want to go. And I can't. Busy, busy! I'll see you around, bye!" I say as I quickly walk away before one of them can stop me.

I take a glance over my shoulder to see the two hurry off in the direction of the mall.

Thank the stars. Now I don't have to deal with a million people all at once.

I put my ear bud back in and hum to the song that was playing. It was my favorite song.

I decide to walk to the park, 'cause why not? As I enter the park, I sit at a bench.

Though, I was soon distracted from my music by a girl in a rainbow hoodie and a guy in a... jester's outfit? The Hell?

The two seemed to be bickering about something so I take out my ear buds to tune in.

"The squirrel attacked me!" The guy huffs, taking off his jester's hat to mess with a bell on it.

"No it didn't! You attacked it." The girl huffs in response, shaking her head and looking down at something.

"Squirrels are evil and vile little things. I was doing the world a favor by making their numbers one less than what they have!" The jester guy says with glee.

The girl shakes her head, disappointed in what the jester had said. Bending down, she pokes what I assume is a dead squirrel with a stick.

"What am I going to do with you?" The girl grumbles as she uses the stick to toss the squirrel into some bushes.

"Great question, great question!~" The guy hums, reaching into his hat and pulling out a lollipop before putting it back on.

It was starting to get dark, damn does time go by fast, but I was too interested in the jester and rainbow girl.