Chapter Eleven

First Person P.O.V.
Kat

I returned to the town of Merdursitty, finding out that a week ago, some guy was found bleeding and missing an eye. When he was brought to the hospital, he was pronounced dead on arrival.

This isn't the first time Merdursitty has seen death. This poor town has had more deaths than a prostitute has STDs. And it's not surprising at all that the body was found inside of Deathsong Forest. Those who go in, never come back out. No one knows why, and those who do know keep their mouths shut in fear.

This whole location is cursed and this town is fukked. That's probably why I'm drawn to it so.

The police search has brought up nothing, and what the public is allowed to know is limited. But, what we are told, is that the man had been on some kind of drugs and was definitely drunk. He had pulled out his own eye, but someone else most likely was the cause of what killed him in the end.

The wound on his side, most likely caused by an object like a hatchet or an axe.

I'm heading to the crime scene, dressed as a cop and pretending to be a woman on duty. I am going to find out what's there and see what they have already. This story, though short, is coming to an end. An end that people won't like. It'll be fun helping everything go crashing down before it's even built that high.

I step into the scene, a few officers glancing at me but mostly paying no attention. They're all too nervous and jumpy about even being in Deathsong Forest to really care about anyone else but themselves.

I walk towards the rock I could see near the middle of the clearing and squat near it, examining the rock before looking closer. There, stuck to it, is a hair that was barely hanging on.

I pull out a glove and baggie, putting on the glove and grabbing the hair. I hold it up and observe it, recognizing the glow of the colour from a female I had seen not too terribly long ago. I place the hair into the baggie and zip it up, handing it over to an officer who had been walking my way.

I flash him a smile before standing and removing my glove, shoving it into my pocket and exiting the clearing. Heading back to the town, I wait to see how much longer the inevitable will be dragged out.

First Person P.O.V.
Masky

I walk through the forest, heading to a location so I can keep an eye on the local police officers. I don't want them snooping too close to the mansion, even if they're a long way from it. These people can be persistent at times.

When I reach the edge of the clearing, I see an officer I hadn't seen before exiting. That's odd. A group of officers leave the location, leaving behind two more as they go. As soon as the group is completely gone, I train my attention on the two still in the clearing.

One, a fat looking officer with short black hair and a goatee, looks to the other who is skinny and blonde.

"I swear, we should just cut down this entire forest and leave it at that."

The blonde looks to his partner and frowns at him, shaking his head in disappointment.

"That's not a good idea. Wild animals live here and we shouldn't destroy their home. Plus, the forest would punish us for such things, maybe even for such thoughts."

I watch them argue for the better part of an hour, debating if I should kill them now and leave or not. I choose to end them anyways.