Chapter Four

First Person P.O.V.
(Y/N)

It's been a week since I've seen that boy, Toby. A week and everything has been seemingly normal. It sucks.

I was now sitting on the couch in my living room, questioning my existence. So, the norm.

While I was doing my own thing, someone knocks on my door. I stand to answer it when I hear someone unlock it and in comes Zoe and Lea.

"How did you-" I began to question until Lea holds up a hairpin and grins.

"Lockpicking one hundred!" Zoe shouts out before Lea can say anything. "Now, we're going to the mall whether you like it or not! Let's go!"

Zoe runs to me and grabs my arm. When I don't budge, she lifts me and tosses me over her shoulder.

"Zoe! What the fukk?!" I shout as Zoe jogs out of my apartment and Lea closes the door. Zoe chooses to ignore me as she carries me out.

Once we're a block from my apartment, she puts me down and I give her a glare that would kill if it could. If only it could...

Zoe just chuckles as Lea sighs and shakes her head. Lea then looks to me a smiles.

"So, anymore break in problems?" Lea questions as she pushes her glasses back into place. They ended up sliding back down her nose again.

"Nope. Not since last week." I hum in response as I look to a grinning Zoe. That worries me.

"I still think that Toby guy was genuinely trying to help. You should give him a chance." She says as she nods, making it seem like it was simply fact.

Lea shakes her head, giving Zoe a glare and pushing her glasses up once more. When she does this, they seem to glow. Is this an anime now?

"That's not a very wise idea. From the way you describe him, he seems shady. Plus, he doesn't sound like your type and you barely know him." She hums with that I-Know-Exactly-What-I'm-Saying tone.

I can't help but let out a long sigh as Zoe and Lea begin to bicker and argue over what I should do. Honestly, I don't plan on doing anything. Let fate decide or whatever. (In this case, I am fate. >:3)

Before I even know it, we reach the mall and I begin to be dragged pretty much everywhere by my two loving friends.

I finally get Zoe distracted by something shiny and Lea distracted by something unlogical. This gave me the chance to make my grand escape.

I wasn't going to outright abandon them, though. Plus, I was here at the mall, so why not check something out that I like while I'm at it?

I make my way to Hot Topic and enter the store. Looking over the T-shirts, I finally found the perfect (insert favorite anime here) shirt.

I grin as I scoop up the shirt and check the price tag. I'm pretty sure I have enough for this. Maybe. Probably not. But I'm still going to try.

I take the shirt and walk up to the cashier. I begin talking to him and, with just my luck, we began arguing. He wouldn't let me buy the shirt for whatever reason. I was only missing one damn penny. Asshole.