Chapter Eight

Guess who has motivation?

First Person P.O.V.
(Y/N)

I went through the door after that crazy event, then woke up in my bed. That couldn't have been a dream and I damn well know it wasn't.

Getting up, I slowly walk to my mirror and look inside. I see that I was wearing the same clothing as I was the other day and I instantly know that it wasn't a dream.

But, I'll check on that after I take a shower. I am filthy.

Heading into my bathroom after grabbing some clothes from my wardrobe, I turn on the hot water and grab a towel. I set the towel aside then get undressed, stepping into the shower.

I was nearly done washing when I heard the door to the bathroom open. I peak out to see who it was, and find a peeping... Toby? I immediately throw soap at him.

"What the Hell?! Get out!"

He throws his hands up in defense. "Don't drop soap- I'M SORRY, I'LL GET OUT."

He quickly exits the room as I clutch a gun that I had aimed at him. Hey, you never know what could happen, gotta stay prepared. Not about to be that stupid blonde bitch that always gets killed.

After I step out of the shower, I dry off as quickly as I can and get dressed. I walk out of the bathroom after fully clothed to find Toby fiddling with his fingers and looking down at his hands.

"Care to explain why you're in my home? Oh, and explaining why you barged in like that would be nice, too."

He looks at me and tilts his head slightly. "S-Sorry about that. I woke up in your apartment and I was looking for you to see if you saw all that, too, or maybe I just imagined it." He returns to fiddling with his fingers.

I let out a slow sigh. "One, yes, I did see all that and you're not imagining it. Two, you had to walk in while I was clearly running a shower?"

"Uh, yeah? Er, I guess not. I just wanted to make sure it was you and all that jazz."
(Ya like jazz? I don't care if that's a dead meme or not.)

I facepalm and then point towards the bathroom door and at the door leading out of my room. "Either leave or clean yourself up then leave. Your choice."

Without seeing if he did anything, I walked out of my room and into the living room where I turn on the TV and sit on the couch. I'm in the mood for some spoopy movies, so let's go with that. I mean, Halloween isn't too far away after all.
(I'm totally doing a Halloween Special.)

Once settling on Nightmare On Elm Street (Really is a good movie), I grab a fuzzy blanket and lay back. While I was waiting for my favorite part to come up, which is the waterbed scene and probably won't be on for a while, I hear the shower being turned on.
(The waterbed scene is hilarious- Alright, I'll stop interrupting.)

After a bit, Toby walks out of my room, his hair wet and a mess. He was holding his goggles, mouth guard, and hoodie in one of his arms. Now that I'm actually paying attention, is that a tear in his mouth or am I just insane? Probably the ladder.

Toby awkwardly shuffles over to me and sits down next to me. I was going to point out that I had told him to leave, but I was too lazy and in a pretty good mood to bother.

He looks to me and raises a hand to get my attention. I pause the movie, though reluctantly, to hear what he has to say. Hope it's not about the other day (night?). I kinda need to put my head around it first.

"About the other day," nevermind then, "did all of that really happen?"

:)