Chapter Twelve

Third Person P.O.V.

They were in an underground facility, hidden beneath the police office of Merdursitty. Both were in cells with protection more than necessary, one being more dangerous than the other.

Their names are well known, one having a good reputation behind their own while the other has a bad reputation behind theirs.

The two are locked away, the two are different sides of the same coin. A single flip of the coin shows that one will be hidden while the other is set free. Happy endings don't exist for killers, this time is no different.

The facility has high security, but even it has its flaws. There's an escape out of most places like this, always a way to break free if you play your cards right. The cards are never in favor for him. But her cards seem to be in favor for her.

The cells are locked and made of steel, the inside being barren except for a single bed attached to the side of the wall. She paces her cell, uncertain of what is happening but knowing it won't end well. He sits on the floor before the door, knowing it never ends well.

A man enters the police office, going to a set of stairs hidden in a mostly unused room. As he descends, he grins cockily to himself. No one really knows how this will end. No one except for me.

The man reaches the bottom and walks out into a hall, lit by fluorescent lights that are far too bright. He walks down the hall, heading towards a location he is determined to go to.

He approaches the cell, looking at either guard who stand and turn to the cell door. The man unlocks it himself, opening it to find him sitting there and waiting. The poor, foolish boy. It was never going to end well.

Both guards grab the boy, lifting him and dragging him down a hall. They twist left, then right, then left and left again, making so many twists and turns that he can't make sense of it. The lights blind him, they're too bright.

When the guards stop, they have already entered another room that is much like an interrogation room. It's an unpleasant room. The man enters and sits at one end of a table, the guards setting the boy down in the seat across from him. They restrain him, barely, and exit, though they never leave the door.

The girl sits in her cell, her pacing becoming more frantic the more nervous she becomes. What's going on here? She knows what's going on, but that doesn't mean she wants the knowledge. Maybe she should've stayed far from this town. The lights aren't as bright there.

A quiet click could be heard as the lock was undone and the door swung open. Standing there was the boy, looking slightly panicked but more determined than ever. She steps out of her cell, looking around. She is blinded by fluorescent lights.

He grabs her hand, urging her to follow. She hesitates for a heartbeat too long before letting him pull her away and down the hall, towards the room he had been brought to.

The room has three unconscious bodies inside and a chair with broken cuffs. Cuffs are never enough to keep one at bay, but when they are, they can be deadly. He is deadlier.

They march down the halls, twisting, turning, backtracking. They don't know the layout of this place, they don't know how much time they have. They only know that they must escape. Where are all the guards?