Chapter Six

First Person P.O.V.
(Y/N)

I was trapped in some guy's hat. How does that even happen? How does that even work? I'm so damn confused-

As far as I could tell, I was floating through complete and utter darkness, nothing but black in all directions. Where had the junk from before gone?

I could see my own hands and arms completely fine, though. There was no light to illuminate them, but that's the last thing on my mi-

My thoughts are cut off as I come face to face with a door. By that, I mean I hit my face on it. Ow, what the Hell?

Without much hesitation, I grab the door handle and open said door, stepping through. To be honest, what I found beyond the door was the last thing I expected.

On the other side was a dark forest, the only light coming from a large full moon. I seemed to be in a clearing that lead to a large, open field.

Taking another step, I look down to see the grass glow beneath my feet. The glow was a bright, aqua colour and it slowly spread out like ripples in water.

I continued walking, going to the side to brush my hands along some flowers and bushes at the edge of the clearing where a forest began.

Slowly, everything began to light up. Before long, the flowers were glowing a bright pink and purple colour, the bushes a bright green, and the trees a mix of all the other colours.

In the field that the clearing lead to, glowing flowers of many more plants began to come to life. The colours of the plants were of blue, orange, red, and some more colours that I couldn't list while in my amazed state.

I walk to the middle of a field where a rather large pond sat. It, too, was lit up with many colours. But it was lit by the plants and wild life inside.

The pond was deep, filled with small fish near the top, larger fish the further it goes down. There were even some jellyfish visibly glowing near the bottom, however that works.

This is probably the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. So much so, that I didn't hear the sound of a creature approaching until it was too late.

When I finally did notice, the creature was already sniffing me warily. I look over to find something I'd probably only see in Sci-fi movies. Unil now, that is.

Right beside me was something that seemed like a cross between a dog and a cat. It had a long snout and a large head, with broad shoulders and a slender, tan body. It also had a long tail. Though, the tail seemed more lizard like the more I stare at it.

The large animal jumped away and arched its back slightly at my sudden movement, it's large and green feline eyes giving me a look of curiosity and confusion.

I wasn't sure whether to treat it as if it were a cat or a dog so I just silently held my hand out, palm up, and remained quiet.

The animal slowly prowled forward, sniffing my hand with caution. Slowly, I turned my hand as if to pet it. The creature then pressed it's head against my hand and immediately flopped onto its back as if it wanted me to rub its belly.

Letting out a bit of laughter, I did as the animal wanted. It made a sort of purring sound as it also panted like a happy dog. It also kicked its leg out when I started to scratch it behind its ears with my free hand.

Whilst petting the adorable but kind of frightening animal, another creature fluttering by caught my eye. Looking up, I saw a single white moth flapping in front of me. Soon, the moth fluttered away and more appeared in front of me.