Chapter Seven

First Person P.O.V.
(Y/N)

I stared into crimson red eyes, my own widening in horror at the monster before me. I didn't dare tear my eyes away from those crimson orbs, but I could make out some things in my peripherals. I took note of the vanta black fur that rose and fell with every huff of breath the beast took, and midnight black claws that shone in the glorious moonlight that came down as if no other light but it's own could touch the dark claws.

When I finally dared to take a step back, the monstrous creature bared its teeth and let out a low and threatening growl. The growl reverberated through every part of me as it rumbled along the ground beneath my feet. As the growl grew louder, the colourful land around me that had been shining so bright went completely dark. Only the moon kept its light.

Taking the growl as an obvious warning not to move, I froze in place. The creature stopped its growling, even covered its teeth once more, as it began to prowl around me. I made little movement, except for keeping eye contact with the terrifying beast.

Soon enough, the creature paused in front of me, where it was when I first saw it, and sniffed the air. It let out low growl once more, looking behind it and taking a step in that direction. The moment it looked away, our eye contact was broken and I let out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding.

The beast began to lower into a crouch and prowel away from me, much to my relief. Though, my relief was short lived when I realized that it had spotted something, or at least someone, that someone being Toby. Toby was surrounded in white moths and he made no movement. Actually, he was covered in the moths.

Letting out an Earth-shaking roar, the beast went hurtling at Toby, and soon pounced on him. I stared in horror as he ripped the boy to shreds, the moths fluttering away in terror. I saw blood, and pieces of him go fly- Wait... That isn't flesh, that's wood. What the Hell?

Suddenly, I felt a hand grab mine and yank me in the direction I had come from. Looking to my hand, I found a gloved one holding it, and, after looking up, I saw that the gloved hand belonged to Toby. The real Toby. With his yellow goggles, striped hoodie, and brown, messy hair. He also was wearing a terrified expression as we ran.

We tumbled through the once beautiful but now dark and haunting field, thorns that I hadn't noticed before poking at our sides. More than halfway to our destination, I heard another Earth-shaking roar and the ground didn't cease to shake as thundering paws came pounding after us. Toby pulled on my hand, urging me to go even faster than we already were.

When we made it to the path surrounded by trees, we didn't dare stop as we headed to the door. Except we had to when a certain jester tripped us. We both went sliding across the floor as he growled angrily at us. "Idiots! Fools! Have you never been taught not to touch what isn't yours?" The beast's paws continued to pound after us in chase, never slowing.

Toby sat up, seemingly unscathed as he glared at Cicero in slight fear, shock, and anger. "You're the one that threw us into this mess!" He retorted. Cicero let out a huff. "Nevermind the details!" The monster grew closer.

"You nearly killed us!" Toby hissed through clenched teeth of anger. Cicero threw his hands into the air, exasperated by the accusation. He was about to continue before I shouted at them both. "Nearly will turn into literally if we don't run! Move your asses!"

I jumped to my feet and made a beeline for the door but Cicero grabbed me and yanked me in the other direction, grabbing Toby as well. He lifts us off the ground and runs into the trees, the beast letting out an angered bellow and running in after us. Toby was struggling against Cicero's grip.