Part - 3

Hello my lovely readers 🙋

Thank u so much for the love u all showered on this story thru ur valuable votes & comments 🙏 😘😘

Here's the next part...

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Carrying a tray of food for Khushi, Payal entered Khushi's room opening the door to find her baby sister sitting  upright on the bed, clutching something tight to her chest.

Due to the moonlight falling straight on Khushi's face from the french doors, Payal could clearly see the tears glistening on her sister's cheeks. She very well knows the reason behind those tears. Her heart twisted in its rib cage.

Her baby sister is already so weak & vulnerable, how will she take the news of her husband & Sheetal's visit together to Mumbai that too without informing her. She gulped hard & her heart constricted more painfully.

Khushi looked towards the door hearing it open & found her jiji carrying a tray of food & water for her.

She quickly kept her Arnavji's pic back on its place & wiped her face not wanting her jiji to see her tears.

With heavy steps Payal went to Khushi & sat near her keeping the tray on the bed.

Khushi, how are you feeling ?? Hope the temperature is down now?? She asked touching Khushi's forhead with the back of her palm & sighed in relief. Good its normal now. How's the wound on your finger Khushi?? Is it paining still?? She asked taking Khushi's hand in hers, caressing the wounded finger lightly. Concern for her baby sister visible in her glassy eyes.

No jiji. It isn't paining now. I guess the pain killer & a few hours of rest did it work. Khushi replied with an assuring smile.

Good. Now have your dinner & take one more tablet after that. So that you will be completely fine till morning. Payal said uncovering the plate of food.

But jiji, why did you get my dinner here in the room. I am feeling better now. So I will come down & have it with everybody. Arnavji also must be returning from office. Let him come then we will dine together. Khushi said. Her eyes shining with her earlier determination.

Payal was now in a fix. How to tell her sister that her husband is not going to come today as he is in Mumbai with his so called ex?? This news will break her already vulnerable sister & she won't even eat, let alone take her meds. She is already so weak. No she will have to lie to her & somehow make her eat & have her meds then she will tell her the truth because no matter how painful the truth is she deserves to know.

Yes that's what she will do. She decided.

Umm... Actually Khushi Akash is back from office & he informed us that Arnavji got stuck in a last minute conference call which will take longer then usual to wind up. So he will have his dinner in the office only & has asked us not to wait for him for dinner. So we all had our dinner already. You were resting so I didn't wake you up then. But its past dinner time now so I got your dinner here only & you are also awake so have it here only. Ok. Better let me feed you with my hands today. Payal said looking down under the pretext of mixing the rajma chawal with spoon, unable to look in her sister's eyes while lying to her.

Achchha!! (is it). But he didn't call me to inform the same. Khushi said looking into her mobile, not finding any missed calls from her husband.

Akash was coming home only so Arnavji asked him to convey the same instead on phone. Payal replied averting her penitant eyes from her sister's interrogative ones.