Chapter Nine: The Ultimate Plan

Sorry since this chapter is kind of shorter than the rest. I also apologize for any typos! Enjoy!

~~~

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

According to Tony's calculations, it's going to take an entire hour to get to Titan. Now, normally that's fine, but with the time crunch on our schedule, I can not sit still. Every time I stop to sit, I feel nauseous and I have to start pacing again.

So many things can go wrong, and so many things can go differently now that I'm here. For instance, will Hazel be with the Guardians when we arrive in Titan, or did she go with Thor? What happened to my backpack that was left on Earth? And the biggest question of all: how will the fight on Titan be different, or will it be different at all? I wonder if there's more than one possible way to win now that I'm here. Did I change the odds of this fight, or is it impossible?

"(Y/n)." I wonder what Thanos will think when he sees me on Titan.

"(Y/n)." I wonder if he will end up having the heart to kill Gamora, his favorite daughter.

"(Y/n)!" Wait, did that event happen already?! Is Gamora dead?!

"(Y/N)!"

"WHAT!?" I stop pacing and turn to Peter. He crosses his arms and walks up to me.

"You need to calm down." Peter puts a hand in my shoulder. I guess it does calm me down a little bit, but I can't shake the fact that I'm still scared.

"I can't calm down!" I sit down on the floor and put my head in my hands. I've never felt so stressed out before. "I'm just scared, alright? I'm not an Avenger like you guys. I've never fought bad guys before, I guess what I mean is, what if I get in your way and ruin everything?"

I hear Peter sit down next to me. "Well, the doctor wizard explained to us your situation, and I think you're really brave to have faced those Black Order people on your own. As for the ruining everything, I highly doubt you'll mess up if you know so much about us."

I sigh, looking up from my hands. Peter's right, I need to calm down. I can't control everything, and whatever happens will happen. I smile and punch Peter softly on the arm. "Thanks, Peter."

"Don't mention it! Now, what do you want to do in the meantime?" Peter asks and I get a sudden fangirl idea.

After a lot of begging and promising that we won't break anything, Tony agrees to let Peter help me try out his web shooters. He is surprised at first on how I knew the hand motions, but he got over it and is now teaching me different web shooting combinations.

"Oh! Do the web grenade!" Peter adjusts my wrists so they are closer to my face and I shoot the web. Just like in Spiderman Homecoming, two balls of thick web shoot out and stick to the wall before exploding all over the place.

The hour passes quickly, and soon enough we have to stop playing with the web shooters. Peter takes back his gadgets and walks up to the control console. "When this is all over, I promise I'll help train you more, (Y/n)!"

Peter turns around to help Tony with the steering and I freeze. When all of this is over. Peter just made a promise that he can't keep.

Deciding not to dwell on it, I hurry up to the front of the ship and gasp. We are soaring above the planet Titan, and it's just like the movie. Planet debris is everywhere, and Peter and Tony have to move their whole bodies in order to move this massive ship.

Getting closer to the ground, I see a tall structure of a ruined building coming up too close to the ship. "You guys need to turn!"

Peter hears me and also spots the tall structure. "U-uh, Mr. Stark! We need to turn! Yeah, turn, turn, turn!"