Chapter Twenty-Eight: 2013 Asgard

"AHHHH! OOF!" For some dang reason, I was spawned in the freaking air. No, I couldn't have just appeared on the rainbow bridge of Asgard, now could I? I just had to appear in the sky right above the bridge! Now my back hurts.

Alright, enough complaining. I have to find Thor and Rocket. Comedically stumbling to stand up, I get to my feet and create a Space portal to the interior of the castle. However, that is way easier said than done.

Asgard's castle is so huge, I immediately get lost. How on Earth - er - on Asgard am I supposed to find Thor and Rocket? Think, (Y/n), think. You are a huge Marvel nerd who has seen Thor the Dark World way more times than necessary. The front exit to the castle is over there, then Thor walked right, up the stairs, through a chamber, and into the guest hall. That's where Jane probably is, and therefore that's where Thor and Rocket are likely to be.

With my newfound knowledge, I sprint in the path I laid out in my mind. Luckily, to my ultimate surprise, I find Thor and Rocket crouching behind a barrier. They are looking at Jane and a couple other Asgardian servants giving her the blue garments she wears in Thor the Dark World.

Quietly, I sneak up to the aliens and peek over their shoulders. "Did you guys get the Ether yet?"

"No, we are waiting for her to be alone, (Y/n)." Rocket responds without looking at me. After a couple moments of silence, Rocket turns to be with a surprised expression. "(Y/n)?! What are you doing here? I thought you were going to New York! And why are your eyes so green and blue?"

"I did go to New York for awhile, but I think the Time and Space Stones malfunctioned or something because now I'm here." I try to reason out the events that happened, but it sounds even more stupid when I say it out loud.

Without taking his eyes off of Jane, Thor puts his hand on his chin. "The Stones' powers probably don't like being in the wrong timeline. They're trying to find their way back to the Stones that your powers came from."

"Wow, that's the smartest thing you have ever said while drunk." Rocket says sarcastically. "Alright, here's the plan. Thor, you're gonna charm her and I'm gonna poke her with this thing. It'll extract the Infinity Stone and get gone - lickety-split."

"Sounds way more simple than how the guys are handling the Infinity Stones back in New York. I wonder if they managed to get the Space Stone." I wonder out loud to myself.

"Well, as of right now, they have already either gotten it or lost it. We are a year ahead of them." Rocket reminds me. I try not to get a headache from all the Quantum space-time talk. Even though we are all supposed to get back to our time at once, technically the New York group has already accomplished their mission. And, to take it a step further, it'll take the Morag Vormir group another year to get their Stones. It's best not to think about it.

Suddenly, Thor tenses up and his expression turns into a mixture of shock and sadness. I'm about to ask him what's wrong, but when I look where he's looking, I understand. "My mother is right there."

"Queen Frigga..." My heart turns heavy for Thor. This was the beginning of everything tragic that happened to him. The beginning of losing those he loves permanently. I can only imagine how he's feeling right now.

Rocket has a small idea of what's happening, but is still confused. "I know you want to see her, Thor, but we have a plan to stick to and a universe to save."

"She dies today." Thor says, half ignoring Rocket's statement. Thor continues to stare at his mother and hide behind the barrier from her. The more he looks, the more he wants to stay here and be with her, the less he cares about Thanos and his failures.

Rocket's tone immediately changes. "Oh, that's today?"

Poor Thor. Frigga and his father were both his relics of wisdom for him. Especially Frigga, and especially for his brother. This gets me thinking. If Frigga lived, would Loki have turned out differently?