Chapter Eleven: The Power Throughout All of Space

Sorry this chapter is really short, but I really wanted to upload a chapter tonight. Also, I wanted to apologize for something else. So I just watched Infinity War again because I got it on DVD, and I'm sorry for forgetting some key quotes and conversations. Obviously, I can not remember every detail. But, I love how this story is going anyway, so I hope you can look past that!

Also, I wanted to start a little 'question of the chapter' for these last few chapters. You don't have to answer if you don't want, but I'm just a really curious person.

So the question of the chapter this time is: Which is your favorite and least favorite Infinity Stone? My favorite is the Time Stone and my least favorite is the Reality Stone.

Thank you and enjoy the chapter!

~~~

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

We only wait about twenty minutes for Thanos to come. During those long minutes, I sit next to Peter Parker and we play rock, paper, scissors. It's really funny to see him accuse me of cheating when he loses, which is a lot. Our fun only lasted so long, though.

Right after I won the next toss, I hear a weird sound. It's like someone opened up a black hole and all the air is being sucked into it. I don't feel anything, but that's what it sounds like. I peer behind the rock Peter and I are hiding behind, and my eyes widen when I see Thanos. The portal made by the Space Stone closes and Thanos walks up to Stephen.

"I take it Maw is dead." Thanos looks around for his minion and Stephen slowly nods. I feel chills go down my spine at the mention of the character, and Peter squeezes my hand. "At least he accomplished his mission."

"He brought you face to face with the Master of the Mystic Arts. I wouldn't call that an accomplishment." Savage Stephen!

"And where do you think he brought you?" Thanos waves aside Stephen's amazing savage comment, wanting to get straight to the point.

Stephen looks around, not looking that interested. "Let me guess, your home?"

"It was, and it was beautiful." Thanos rests the Gauntlet on his knee and uses the Reality Stone to make Titan look like it used to. "Titan was like most places. Too many mouths to feed and not enough to go around, so I suggested a solution."

"Genocide," Stephen says coldly, stripping away the nice wording that Thanos is trying to use. Honestly, it's like Thanos sees this as a good thing, which I guess he does. It's just so awful to me!

"But random," Thanos backs up his reasoning, trying to make it sound justified. The power of the Reality Stone wears off and the planet looks like it is now. "The men, women, rich, and poor alike. With half of the planet gone, the others would thrive and live in paradise! I call that, 'mercy'. Sometimes the hardest wills require the strongest minds."

"And what of the Power Stone?" Stephen couldn't hold back the question. He's just too curious. "I know (Y/n) didn't give away its location, so how did you come about it?"

"Where is the girl anyway?" Thanos asks.

"Ebony killed her." Stephen clenches his shaking hands, trying to make his lie look even more real. "You didn't answer my question."

"Well, as a matter of fact, (Y/n) did give away the location of the Power Stone." Thanos looks at Stephen's shocked face and continues. "After she escaped, we went through all the footage that she was in on our ship, and we listened carefully to everything she said. I believe she said something along the lines of 'When Ronan was torturing that Xandarian.' and that's when it clicked. The Guardians nor the Ravagers kept the Power Stone, no, it was on Xandar. So, we went there and asked politely. They refused, so we wiped out anyone in our path, meaning the entire planet. As I said already, sometimes the hardest will requires the strongest minds."