Chapter 20.5: What Am I Missing?

If you don't understand what's happening, everything will be explained in later chapters, so don't worry. However, you are welcome to theorize!

And yes, Star-Lord's picture used to be up there, but I took it down because I had an idea to use it for a future chapter.

~~~

It's been a year since the accident, well, almost a year. Around eleven months now since (Y/n) and Hazel went missing. Some people tried to tell the press what happened that day when (Y/n) was seemingly kidnapped by the Black Order, but it's so unearthly that no one can make sense of it. Some people managed to catch the spaceship on their phones, but for some reason their videos and images were deleted.

(Y/n)'s mother, (M/n), hasn't stopped looking for her daughter. She's hired and contacted many detectives, but they still can't find her precious (Y/n). It's as if she was taken to another universe.

(M/n) gets up the next morning, still not giving up hope. She has a meeting with a detective, the police, and Hazel's mother. She takes a couple minutes to freshen up and quickly eats a bowl of Greek Yogurt for breakfast before zooming off to the station.

Right when she gets there, the detective and head cops are there waiting for her. She sits down and they start discussing before Hazel's mom even gets there.

The meeting lasts a couple hours and the same things were said at any other meeting. This time, however, they were visited by a man who claimed to be there when (Y/n) was kidnapped. He said that he pulled out a gun on the woman dressed up as Proxima, but she blocked the shot. Before he could make any further attempts to save (Y/n), Proxima blasted him with energy from her spear.

This didn't help the case though, so his story was filed away.

What's strange was that Hazel's mom didn't show up for the entire meeting. (M/n) found this odd, as Hazel's mom has never missed one second of a meeting. She decides to find her and see if she's alright.

(M/n) drives straight to Hazel's mom's house right after the meeting. She arrives fairly quickly, probably because she was going ten miles over the speed limit. (M/n) parks the car and heads inside.

"Crystal? Are you alright?" (M/n) knocks as she opens the door slightly. Hazel and (Y/n) are such good friends, that she knows she doesn't need an invitation to enter the house.

A shorter woman with long, wavy brown hair and hazel eyes appears from around the corner. She has exercise clothes on with white earbuds plugged into her ears. The earbuds are connected to her phone which rests in one hand, and the other holds a water bottle.

"Oh, hello, (M/n). Can I help you?" Crystal, Hazel's mom, takes out her earbuds and sets her water bottle on the table.

A bit confused and shocked at Crystal's calm composure, (M/n) cautiously asks, "There was a meeting today. Why didn't you attend it?"

"A meeting? What are you talking about?" Crystal looks around for a second before laughing off the question. Surly (M/n) must be mistaken.

"About our daughters. Hazel and (Y/n). Do you remember now?" (M/n)'s heart starts beating faster. Her mind buzzing with questions that she knows she will not get the answers to.

"Hazel?" Crystal looks at (M/n) with worry and she scratches her chin. "Well, I know you go to the meetings because of your daughter (Y/n), but she was the only person taken. The only one who vanished."

"Are you serious? Crystal, stop playing these jokes, it's not funny." (M/n) clenches her hands in her fists. Is Crystal just pretending to cope with the circumstances?

"(M/n), I think you're making a mistake. I never had a daughter." Crystal slowly approaches (M/n) with her hand outstretched. "Are you sure you're alright?"

(M/n) doesn't answer, but instead looks around the room for any clues. She looks upon the many pictures on the bookshelf that are supposed to have Hazel in them, but where the girl is supposed to be posing, there is only empty space.

"Erased?" (M/n) mumbles to herself.

Suddenly, (M/n) feels something nagging in the back of her brain. Like a thought wishing to be said, but she can't quite think it. The more she thinks about it, the more (M/n)'s head starts to hurt. Why is she in this house again? Oh right, the papers.

"Oh I just wanted to thank you for keeping my daughter's files safe. I can always trust you, Crystal!" (M/n) holds up her stack of papers relating to (Y/n) and Crystal smiles and nods.

"Anytime! If you need anymore help, you know where to find me!" Crystal waves as (M/n) leaves the house.

The next morning, (M/n) still feels the nagging feeling, but waves it off as just stress from the recent events. Throughout the day, the nagging feeling fades as if it never existed in the first place.

For who ever heard about a blonde girl named Hazel who went missing along with (Y/n) eleven months ago?