Chapter 28

"Bay, we have to go to school. GET UP!" Zoe yells and shakes me harder.

"Go away!" I yell and cover my face with my pillow and hide under the covers.

How can I go to school and face Issac?

"I will destroy all your stuff you got from Emory." she says and I shoot out of bed. 

"Touch it and I will chop off your fingers one by one and shove them down your throat." I seethe and go to the bathroom to shower. I am 10 minutes behind schedule.  Once I'm out the shower, I quickly put on my clothes that I picked out for today and then rush back to my room to grab my bag and phone and run downstairs.

"Did we miss the bus?" I ask Zoe.

"Yes, but luckily, I was smart and phoned a friend." she says and walks outside. I follow her and Issac's car is outside our house.

"You mean Issac? You know things are tense between us right now."

"I know, but I won't be late to school, so you either get in the car or walk to school and get a late slip. Pick your poison."she says and walks away and to the car.  I drag myself to follow her and I sit in the passenger seat of the car with Zoe in the back. 

"Thanks Issac" Zoe says to him, but Issac is looking at me and I at him. 

"Hey." 

"Hi." I say unable to stop looking away from his eyes.

"Listen we have 15 minutes to get to school. Can you guys communicate through eyes later?" 

Issac's lips twitch upward and he turns away from me and begins driving down the street. 

We reach to school in 7 minutes giving us an okay amount time to get ready for class. As soon as the car is parked Zoe and I get out the car and rush right into school. I head straight for my locker and quickly stuff my stuff in my locker and get out my books. 

"Planning on avoiding me?" a voice asks and I look to my left to see Brett Cruz.

"Wh-Why would I be ignoring you?"

"Just kidding Bay, so coffee?"

"I am free today." I respond with a small smile on my face. A locker opening beside me catches my attention and I look back at Issac opening his locker. I turn back to Brett and I realize he is wearing an 'Imagine Dragons' shirt.

"Imagine Dragons? You listen to them?"

"Yeah, they are really good. I met Dan Reynolds, one of the guitarists, in the band last summer at a concert."

"Oh cool! Actually, the week I was gone, I went to Alaska to go to a concert they played at."

"Alaska? Do you have pneumonia?" he says and steps back.

"Stupid. I don't have pneumonia" I say and laugh with him. The bell rings signalling that it's time to head to class.

"So where do you want me to meet you then?"

"Uh we can just go together, if that's okay with you."

"Sure. I will be waiting outside when classes are finished."

"OK, see you later Bay." Brett says and hands me his signature smile and walks away. I turn around to close my locker. Issac is gone and a part of me wishes I could have talked to him today, but the other part is saying 'What would I say anyway?'. I can't give him what he wants.

....

"Really?"

"Yes. "

"So you wanted to die." I ask and his chuckles can be heard throughout the hallway.