Chapter 58

Now I see why people from other towns like coming to Eastside High's football games, especially when they are battling the West side, our biggest rival in every sport. As we pass through the crowd, people make a path when they see Issac Evans, Asher Stevens, and Armani Clarke.  Issac got us the best seats in the stadium.   

"I can't believe you let Cartier put paint on your face." Issac says, amusement dancing in his eyes.

"Neither can I." I say and look out at the field. The Eastside, our team that's wearing black and white and the Westside, the rival that is wearing red and white, are on opposite sides of the field. Coach Masterson is speaking to our team about probably different plays and who to watch out for and who to attack at first. 

Victoria and Sienna walk inside and are looking around for seats on the bleachers. Something is different about Sienna. I can't put my finger on it, but something is off. She is more...dark if that makes sense. Victoria finds a seat and Sienna follows behind, but as she passes Talia, she gives her a smirk that Talia returns. My eyebrows furrow together. Talia and Sienna NEVER talk to each other. They don't have a problem with each other, but they just have nothing to talk to each other about. There is a vindictive, evil look in Talia's eyes that I saw in Sienna's and it sends a chill down my spine.

"What's wrong?" Issac asks next to me as he drapes his jacket over my shoulders, offering me warmth. I move in closer to him and rest my head on his forearm.

"Something is wrong. I don't know what, but it's sending chills down my spine. S-something is off tonight and I have a bad feeling about it."

"Are you afraid of getting hurt?" He asks and rubs my back in circles.

"No, not me. I-I can't explain it. Just forget about it." I tell him, not wanting to worry or confuse him. He lets it go and looks out at the football field. The game is starting.  Oliver Fray, the captain of the team, has all the players get to the field and in position. 

"Move!" A high pitched voice yells. I look over to see Victoria yelling at a kid in glasses sitting on the bleachers. He is sitting next to his friend, who doesn't look afraid at all of Victoria, but the kid in glasses looks like he wet himself already.

"Who are you?" The friend of the glasses kid asks. He has shaggy jet black hair and a scowl on his face.

"Listen emo and nerd, one call to my father and I could have you out this school and working at McDonalds with a hat that says 'Welcome to McDonalds, how may I take your order?' So if you and your disgusting cargo pants would get the hell out my seat, I won't have to lose my voice before the first ball is thrown."

The guy in black hair mumbles something and then him and his friend get up and Victoria and Sienna sit down in their place with smirks on their faces. The game starts and I don't understand a single thing happening. Oliver throws the ball across the field, some people are tackled, some kid is crying on the field, and the guy with the ball gets tackled before making it to the goal. 

The Eastside groans while the West side goes wild. 

"We hate them, right?" I ask Issac. He looks down at me with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah." He says and kisses my hair and rests his chin on my head.

From my peripheral, I see Mackenzie and Maxwell walk inside. They look around for seats and spot one a few rows down from us. Mackenzie looks up at Issac and I with a sad look in her eyes. She quickly looks away and follows her brother in the row and sits down. I release a breath and look down at my hand on Issac's lap.

"Bay, it's okay." Issac whispers in my ear.

"I just feel bad is all. She really liked you and it was my fau-"