Chapter 52

Zoe and Bay's fire and ice dress above

Deep breaths Bay. It is just a dance.

No biggie

Nothing major.

I am just going with Issac, my best fr-. My best friend who I kiss alot.

I run the mascara wand over my naturally, long eyelashes one last time.

"Bay! Asher texted and said they will be here in 5!"

5 minutes! What the hell! I need more time. Much more time.

I grab my red lip liner and line my lips and then use my lipstick to start coloring in my lips. I run my tail comb through my straight hair one more time that I put a little bit of red shimmer in(Zoe's idea). I slip on my gold 5 inch heels and stand in my room looking around.

Where is my phone?

I run over to my bed and shuffle thought sheets and then I finally spot my phone. I lift up my dress revealing my lace garter that has pockets in it. I slip in my phone and keys and let the dress drop back down to my ankles.

I hear the doorbell ring downstairs open and a set of two deep familiar voices. Butterflies erupt in my stomach causing a knot to twist.

I can't do this. What the hell was I thinking!?!?!

"You can't chicken out of it now Bay." Zoe says, as she leans against the door frame looking at me look at myself in my body length mirror with a horrified look on my face.

"Sure about that? This window is quite accessible. I may break a few bones, but at least I won't embarrass myself by tripping over my two left feet while I am dancing with Issac."

"You would leave me alone with Asher. Selfish motherf-"

"Bay, Zoe two handsome tall boys are waiting for you!" Our mother yells from downstairs. Today is the first day she has mustered the strength to try to have a good day. She usually goes to work, comes home, puts takeout money on the table, and locks herself in her room. That is what has happened ever since she found out dad remarried and has a kid.

"Jesus Christ" Zoe mutters.

"I'm ready I got this." I reassure myself and walk over to Zoe, who tonight is my same height with heels.

Zoe heads out the room and me behind her. She walks down the stairs slowly obviously weary about tripping and falling to her death or worse ripping the dress. Issac and Asher are waiting right at the doorway, Issac with a bouquet of red peonies and Asher with a bouquet of camellias in hand and corsages. My eyes land on Issac and my breath hitches in my throat. His hair looks jet black tonight and it is swept back. He has on a black suit with a red tie tucked into his suit.

He couldn't look anymore handsome than he does today and that is saying something.

His jaw is unhinged and his grey eyes widen when they land on mine and everything else fades away. The clicking of my mom's camera fades out, the thumping of Zoe and I's heels on the stairs isn't heard. All I can see, all that I care to see is Issac and his intense grey eyes. His grey eyes trail down my body slowly taking his time to drink in my appearance. Once his eyes come back to meet mine, they look almost a dark as his hair. A heated blush creeps up my neck and settles on my cheeks.