Chapter 53

Asher knocks on the door 3 times and the white doors opened automatically. The doors opened up slowly and every time the gap got bigger, the more of the inside it revealed. There is a long stairwell we are supposed to go down to reach to the dance floor. It is set up exactly like...those movies. You know those Cinderella movies like the one with Selena Gomez, Lucy Hale, and Hillary Duff. There are those big set of stairs at the prom or the school dance and when you walk down, everyone at the bottom who is at the dance can see you.  My jaw drops when I see the masterpiece in the center of the dance. I have no idea how to explain it. It perfectly symbolizes the whole fire and ice theme. It's beautiful and it must've cost more than the public school budget.

There are  columns surrounding the area and a wide dome at the top creating the ceiling

There are  columns surrounding the area and a wide dome at the top creating the ceiling. On some of the walls are art collages, probably made by the art club, representing fire and ice.

Every time I think my school is cheap, they do this .

Asher takes Zoe's hand in his after giving her a warm smile and they start slowly walking down the long flight of stairs. I look up at Issac and his eyes meet mine.

"You look beautiful tonight." He says and holds my hand and leads me down the stairs.

Breathe Bay.

Just don't trip and fall. Simple.

I hold my head high and walk down the stairs. The spotlight that was once on the DJ all the way on the other side of the room is now on us 4. The bright white light shines on us nearly blinding the 4 of us.  As we descend down the steps, the whispers get louder and louder.

'Who is that?'

'Are those the Stewart sisters?'

'Damn, I need a piece of that.'

'Is that Issac Evans and Asher Stevens? Mhm' some girl says in a sultry voice.

That one was just ew.

'That dress must cost more than my house!'

Issac becomes rigid at my side and I know he is hearing it too. I squeeze his hand to offer him comfort and reassurance and he looks down at me with a heart stopping, time slowing smile on his face.

We reach to the end of the stairs and we follow Asher and Zoe to, I am guessing, the booths by the makeshift bar containing spiked fruit punch, water, soda, and other juice.

Asher and Zoe slide into the booth and Issac and I follow right after. Issac hands me a cup of water and I down the water quickly, wanting to rid the champagne out my system.

"Where is Cartier and Armani?"

"Right there." Asher points and I look over to the direction he is pointing to: the grand stairs. Cartier has a red blush on her face as she walks down the steps proudly with Armani. Armani has on a maroon blazer, but underneath that is a white dress shirt and he has on white pants and dress shoes. Cartier has a short strapless red dress with a red bow in the center of her dress, which adds to the whole cuteness of it all. Armani has his usual smile on his face as he looks at Cartier on his arm.