Chapter 34

"Hey? Get up." I say to Issac who is sleeping. It's the next morning after our dinner and Flash marathon night.

He groans in his sleep and then just turns over. This is going to be harder than I thought. 

"Issac!"

He groans louder and then falls back to sleep. You have got to be kidding me. I pinch the skin behind his ear and he flinches and his eyes open.

"Really?" he asks in a groggy voice.

"Get up. We have to get ready for school."

"Can we just stay in and watch Netflix and chill."

My eyes widen and my eyebrows crease together at his choice of words. When he registers what he just said so does his. He sits up and runs his hands over his face.

"I don't mean that type of chill. I mean the chill where we watch TV and you know just chill-ax. Not chill because I don't want to chill with you. Not that I am saying that chilling in that way with you is bad because I highly doubt that, but I mean you are my best friend. We are both chill in our own way. Not that chill though and-"

dontlaughdontlaughdontfuckinglaughDONTLAUGH

ahhhhhh

I put my finger on Issac's lips to hush him up. A smirk is playing on my lips and I am fighting the urge to laugh in his face.

"I get what you meant Issac. Get ready. We have to go to school." I say to him and get out the bed and go to my bathroom. I shut the door behind me and ready myself for a shower.

....

"We're matching today?" Issac asks.

"Obviously." I answer and stride over to him. "Ready to go?"

"Yessir"

"Do I look like a 50 year old man to you? Don't call me sir." he says with a smirk on his face as he uses my own words against me.

"Funny Evans" I respond to his little joke and walk out the door and to his car out front. I pull on the handle for the car door and I open the door and sit in the car after closing the door behind me. Issac gets inside the car shortly after me.

"Aren't you going to be...cold?" he asks and looks at my bare arms. I am wearing a black tank top with black jeans and army blue converses. My arms are bare so I would understand why he is saying I may be cold.

"Oh yeah speaking of. I left my army green bomber jacket in here." I sit up and stretch over to the backseat of the car and look for the jacket. The jacket was tucked underneath a few bags of lacrosse uniform and equipment. I turn back around and sit down with my jacket on my lap. 

Issac clears his throat and pulls out the lot and onto the road. 

"Hey Issac"

"Hmm" he responds.

"Do you think if I ate a thousand chocolate bars, I would throw up?" I ask him. This what you call here is the shit that comes from the 15% of my brain that is literally useless and stupid. 

"What type of question is this?" He peels his eyes from the road and looks at me briefly confused and slightly amused before returning his focus to the road.

"I don't know. When I am just bored, stupid questions pop up in my head."

"Obviously. And of course you would vomit."

"Would you hold my hair?" I ask and look at him.

"Do I have a choice?" He asks and looks at me with a smirk playing on his lips.

"You better or else I will castrate you with safety scissors."

Issac starts laughing and for a minute, I was scared he would drive us off the road because he was laughing so hard.

"Now Bay, why would you want to do that? That's a disservice for both of us." He looks at me and winks. My jaw drops and my eyes widen.

"You dirty little piece of crap. You little b-" I get cut off by loud horn honking behind us. Issac looks in the mirror and it's Armani's car behind us. 

"To be continued" Issac mutters and rolls down the window as Armani's car pulls up next to us. Armani is in the car with Cartier in the passenger seat. Out of all the "it" girls, I like Cartier more out of them all. I don't understand why she is best friends with such a terrible person, but she is actually smart and has a valid goal as a professional ballet dancer and is working to it.

"Heyyoo!" Armani yells to us with a goofy smile on his face.

"Hi goofy!" I yell back at Armani with a smile of my own on my face.

"Hello Bay. Hello Issac. What a coincidence seeing you two in the same car in this early morning..." Armani responds innocently, but we all know that his intentions are not innocent. Cartier gives Armani a look and slaps him. 

"See you at school" Issac says before driving off.

Issac's eyebrows are furrowed and he is tense. He has been since we left the house.

"Something is up. What is it?"

"Nothing."

"Really? Are you going to lie to me?"

"Bay...i-i just. Forget it. It's nothing"

"Fine. Don't tell me." I say and close the topic as I feel myself getting confused as to why he can't tell me. We tell each other everything. He pulls into the school parking lot and parks in his usual spot. I get out the car as soon as it's parked and walk into the building. When I reach my locker, I open it up. I stuff in my bag and take out my books.

"Bay!" A voice yells and I look around to find the source. I find Issac walking to me and I just turn back around and close my locker shut.

"What happened Issac?"

"I'm sorry I can't tell you.It's just something I need to figure out for myself."

"I don't get it. We tell each other everything."

"Bay...do we really tell each other everything? Are you really honest with me about everything including your feelings?" He asks and gives me the 'do you really?' look.

I lower my head already knowing he is right and his hard eyes are screaming louder than his calm words are.

He sighs and says, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up,"

"It's fine. That's fair and you are right. When you are ready to tell me what's going on, you will." I tell him realizing that pressuring something out of him when he isn't ready isn't fair when he hasn't done that to me.

"Alright" he says and opens his lockers to take out his books. "I have to go and do something before class."

"What?" I ask him, my curiosity spiked as to what the golden boy could be doing before class.

"I am going to ask out Mackenzie again."

"Oh. Okay. Go ahead. We will talk later." I tell him and walk away. 

It was bound to happen. What did I think what was going to happen if I continued to reject him and tell him we should stay just friends? Of course, he would move on and I can't hold him back because I am just his best friend. That's what I wanted. At least, that's what I think I wanted.