Chapter 51

The Fire and Ice Dance.

*insert longest sigh ever*

Every year on December 15, the school hosts the Fire and Ice ball. The theme is of course is obviously red and white. This is every girls dream dance besides prom hear at Eastside. I never understood the excitement over it and neither have I gone to one of these dances. I always guessed they would just has snowflakes on fire hanging from the ceiling and the 'Frozen' soundtrack blasting from their speakers.

"We have to go this year. It is our last year. I went last year because I was on the committee and it was beautiful. The girls were dressed up and guys in tuxes and it was a winter on fire fairytale."

Since when was winter being on fire a fairytale?

"Does a fairytale entail smoking weed and engaging in inappropriate sexual activity in the bathroom?"

"You are such a party pooper, come please. It's our last year. After senior year, you will be off to UPenn and I will be off to Stanford. We need to make memories while we can." she pleads and gives me puppy dog eyes.

She has a point.

"Fine. I will go." she starts squealing and clapping her hands in the hallway causing people to give her weird stares.

"Yesss. So I am guessing you are going as red?" she guesses.

"Yep and you white." I state.

"Glad we sorted this out. We go dress shopping today after school." she says and walks away and to her locker. I walk off to mine and Issac and Asher are talking to each other and it looks quite serious.

"Ciao ragazzi" I greet them in Italian when I am standing behind Issac. The boys stop talking and look over to me.

"What?" I ask reverting back to English.

"Nothing." Issac says and brushes my cheek lightly with his thumb. I smile and move his hand away from my face and I open the locker.

Nothing is definitely something.

"You sleep well yesterday?"

"Yeah. I enjoyed eating off the rest of the cake pops as a midnight snack." I say with a smile on my face.

Issac hands me a small smile before turning back to Asher and whispering something in his ear and then Asher nods his head and looks at me.

"Can we talk?"

"Uh sure" I say and look at Issac. He nods his head. I go in my locker and get my books real quick and then I follow Asher to the multipurpose room.

"Sit"

"Ruff" I mock.

"Heard that"

"Good" I reply. I sit down in the swivel chair and look at Asher. "So what is the meaning for this?"

Asher takes a deep breath and says. "I want to ask Zoe out to the Fire and Ice dance."

If I had a drink and I were drinking it, I would've spit it out and then choked on the remains in my mouth.

"What?"

"I-I know I don't have a good track record especially with Zoe. I took her for granted and she didn't deserve how I treated her. She deserved so much. She deserves the world and I am just an asshole who keeps falling into bad habits and can't be consistent about anything in my life. The one thing that is consistent is my feelings for your sister. I push her away and she probably hates me. I-I just wanted to ask you for permission before I ask her."