08

The fresh water ran through my scalp smoothly, ridding the dirt off my body. One thing I was glad for was the fact that my showers weren't so short anymore because Styles genuinely didn't care what I did, as long as I wasn't bothering him or trying to escape. I still hurried though, taking into consideration what we were dealing with. We were currently at a motel, we've been here for about 3 days now. I had missed the feeling of a soft bed under me, I was sick and tired of the car seat by the second night.

Things were sort of subsided now. Styles hadn't been as rude and demanding as he usually was, but maybe it had to deal with the fact that he was on his laptop a lot. What he was doing, I don't know but it kept him occupied from being a dick.

As I turned the shower off, I wrapped a towel around my body and glanced at the dirty clothes and cringed. I clutched the towel around me tightly and opened the door, watching him from the bathroom as he peeked outside the window with the phone to his ear. When he saw me, he glanced at my half naked body before looking away and ending his call. "What are you doing?" He asks, sliding his phone inside his jeans.

"I need new clothes." I say, crossing my arms over my chest. I couldn't keep wearing the same clothes anymore, the were practically unwearable.

"You have clothes." He retorts, zipping up his duffel bag on the bed before he puts it to the side.

"No, I have dirty clothes I've been wearing since the last person decided they didn't want them anymore." I corrected. It was a shame that I even said that out loud to a guy.

"Just wash them on the sink."

"And what am I supposed to wear for the mean time?" I retorted. I was not going to walk around naked.

"I'll take you to buy some tomorrow." He says, laying down on the bed, acting like he doesn't have a care in the world.

"I need new clothes now." I demand, not letting it go. I was determined to get new clothes, if I had to wear them one more time I feel like I would have a breakdown. He looks up at me, an annoyed look on his face before he groans and stands back up.

"Get dressed." He grumbles in an annoyed voice.

-

"Hmm." I say, looking over the red and blue flannel I had in both my hands. I had to be deciding between them for the past five minutes now, Styles was beside me and every time I would hum in thought, he would sigh in annoyance.

"Just choose one." Styles grits. I looked back to see him with his back to me, looking outside the glass windows and keeping watch. I looked down to his waist to see the butt of the gun poking out from his black T-shirt.

"Do you have to carry that thing with you everywhere you go?" I say, setting down the blue flannel and going over to the jeans section.

"Do you have to open your mouth all the time?" He retorts making me roll my eyes.

"You know, from what I've come to understand, we'll be together for some time now so I think it'd be best for you to get used to it." I shrug and grab a pair of denim skinny jeans in my size. He doesn't answer so I go over to the dressing rooms, shortly after hearing his heavy boots just behind me. I go inside a room, Styles still following me before I hear a lady stop him.

"Sir, I'm sorry but you can't go in there." She says. When I look to him, he gives me a look and I wave him off before going inside the dressing room. I try on the various clothing items I picked out, leaving back a few I didn't like before exiting. I pass by the shoe section and grab a pair of black boots, they would be ethical. They didn't have laces so that way if we needed to runaway from or towards something they wouldn't untie. On the way to the counter I also grab a pair of sunglasses and Styles pays for my things.

"Thank you." I smile at the lady and right as we were about to leave, Styles grabs my arm and pushes us to the side, hiding just behind racks of clothes. "What—" I began but he cut me off by placing his hand over my mouth momentarily.
I matched his gaze to notice a group of men in black. Once we see the opportunity to get out of there without being seen, he grabs my wrist and begins to run towards the door with be being pulled by him.

As soon as we ran out of the store, we quickly go inside the car and drive towards the motel we were staying at to gather our things. "Okay, I'm just going to assume that everyone is trying to kill us from now on." I breathe out as he throws his duffel bags in the backseat.

"That's a good mindset, you're starting to think like a survivalist." He comments and tosses the bag of clothes to me. "Get changed, we'll throw your old clothes out." I look at him confused.

"You want me to change here?" I ask nervously. "What if you look?"

"Please, that's not something I want to see." He mocks and I glare. "Just go to the back and make it quick." I nod and without much hesitation, I jump over the backseat, my foot hitting his injured arm making him hiss.

"I'm sorry!"

"Just get dressed." He says and I do. I sit behind him to where I know he won't look and remove my shirt as well as my bra and change into a new one, I also remove my jeans and slip on a new pair of underwear. I had ditched my old one the second I got my period but I didn't dare tell him to take me to buy any pads or tampons. I throw on a black spaghetti strapped shirt and a pair of dark skinny jeans. I also put on the black boots and jump back over to the front, this time careful enough not to hit his arm again.

"Done." I let out a breath and buckle my seatbelt. Styles looks me over before looking back onto the road, not saying a word.