53

I only got a few steps out of the kitchen before my forearm is taken harshly in someone's grasp, when I turn back it's Harry. He held that same scowl on his face but I didn't care.

"What the fuck's your problem?" He questions angrily, a few inches away from my face and low enough so that no one else but I heard him. I take my arm back and shove him away from me, creating distance as I look up to him, mirroring his same scowl.

"Why don't you ask your whore in there? Apparently she thinks she knows everything there is to know about me." Before I can walk away, Harry takes my forearm again forcing me to stay put. "Stop grabbing me like that! Who do you think you are?"

"Who do you think I am? I didn't risk my god damn life to be repaid by some ignorant teenager who makes it her mission to make my job a fucking nightmare! Who the fuck do you think you are?" Harry spits, eyes glaring into mine.

I snatch my arm away from his grasp but remain in his vicinity. "Don't fucking touch me." I grit, this time I walk away with no one trying to pull my arm off. I hear Harry scoff behind me and walk away into the kitchen.

Once inside my bedroom, I throw the book in my hands across the room in pure rage. Who the fuck do they both think they are? Fuck Giza for thinking she can intimidate me and fuck Harry for fucking her.

I go towards the balcony, thinking I need some fresh air before I go crazy. I was so hot in anger that the cold air outside didn't phase me one bit, I only realized it was cold by the visibility of my breath and the fact that I had goosebumps running up and down my arms.

I soon started to smell nicotine surrounding the cold night air, when I look to the side Zayn had his back to the rail in the balcony besides mine. My vision must've been so clouded in anger to even notice him there.

"So this is where you've been all night." I say, pointing out the fact that I hadn't seen him since the fight in the backyard.

"Well I'm surely not out there fucking the first girl I see." Zayn retorts, taking the cigarette to his mouth. He keeps his gaze straight ahead.

I scoff. "No, you're just in here sulking and making up scenarios in your head."

"Pretty justified if you ask me."

"What is?" I turn to him with a glare.

This time, Zayn turns to me with a deadpan look on his face. "Forget it." He says, throwing his cigarette on the floor, getting ready to leave.

"Aren't you supposed to be apologizing to me?" I blurt out behind him making him stop and turn back around. "You know for basically spreading lies about something that never happened?"

"Well I'm sorry for making a judgment call. I saw what I saw and shit just added up. Happy?" Zayn says sarcastically.

"You know you're just so—" I stop myself and pinch the bridge of my nose in annoyance. "I expect this behavior from Harry, not you." Without another word, Zayn climbs on the rail and walks over to my balcony, sitting on the edge while staring at me.

"Are you attracted to me, Valentina?" I look up to him in confusion, maybe he was joking but his face showed seriousness.

"What?"

"What the hell do you see in him that you don't see in me?" His hand reaches out for mine and brings me closer, entrapping me between his thighs. His black leather jacket was cold on my bare skin, giving me even more goosebumps. "What makes him so special to you?" His face was now close to mine. A mixture of mint, cigarettes and something sweet in his breath hypnotized me in a way that left me wanting more.

"I don't know." I say in almost a whisper, looking down at his lips and the stubble surrounding his jaw. What was this side of Zayn and why have I never seen it before? Maybe he's drunk, I can see in his glossy red eyes his mind was elsewhere.

"You can tell me," Zayn says, pushing hair gently away from my face. "And I can be that." He leans down and places a single kiss on my cheek, my skin burns at the touch of his lips.

I look up at him, my vision no longer clouded. Zayn was clearly not in his mind. "You're drunk," I say. "You should get some rest." I back away from him and enter my room where I stay for the rest of the night.

Zayn.

"...You should get some rest." Valentina says, walking inside her room and closing the door behind her. When I look up, Giza is in the balcony next to Valentina's room. She held a beer in her hand, one she offers to me. I hop off the edge and take it from her.

"You look lonely." She pouts, leaning over the rail. "Need company?" I hand her beer over and take a cigarette from my jacket, lighting it up.

"I'm good." I say, the smoke filling my lungs.

"Are you?" She mocks, tilting her head to the side. "When was the last time you had sex?"

"What are you doing?" I say. "Aren't you fucking Harry?"

"So?"

"So I'm not interested in whatever you're offering."

"Right. So you're interested in the one person you can't have." Giza says with a snort. "Is it morbid curiosity, is that it? You want to know how she'll fuck you?"

I scoff. "That isn't why I'm interested."

"Oh please, what else could it be?" She makes a face before she composes herself. "Shit, don't tell me it's love." Her hand goes up to her mouth in shock. "You don't know, do you?"

"What." I grit, already annoyed. I just wanted to get into bed and sleep.

"Oh you poor thing." She pouts as I blow the smoke from my lips. Why I'm even listening to her is beyond me. "Tina's in love and it's not with you."

"What are you talking about?" I say, my eyebrows furrow.

"She told me today in the kitchen while I was reading that stupid little love book you gave her." She comments, lighting up a cigarette of her own and taking a drag. "It must suck to be in love with someone who's already in love with someone else. Someone she can't ever have." She pauses to smoke, keeping eye contact with me. "Someone you can't ever have."

Instead of dropping my cigarette on the floor, I throw it her direction but she hops over, missing it and giggles mockingly as I walk away.