55

I woke up this morning with a raging headache, it was no doubt the cause for it was due to the hit I took yesterday. I reach over on my nightstand and grab the bottle of Tylenol and a glass of water that Zayn had thankfully brought for me. Regardless of the events that happened last night, I was thankful for it.

A loud beaming voice catches my attention and has me getting out of bed, opening the door only slightly to be able to hear what was going on. "I give you shelter and safety and this is how you choose to repay me?" The loud angry voice belonged to Vincent and for a second, I was afraid it was Harry he was yelling at.

"Your daughter is a fucking bitch!" I hear Giza say. "Maybe if you hadn't fucked up and had actually been around, maybe then she'd know discipline on how to act like a fucking human being!"

"That's a nice argument." I say from the top of the stairs, I catch their attention. "You've had a problem with me ever since I got here."

"Valentina." Vincent says, turning back to Giza who was shooting daggers with her eyes my way. "What I did before is none of your God-dammed business. I hired you for one thing and one thing only. To get the damn job done but it's evident that you're not competent enough to do that!" Vincent's voice is loud and it echoes through the big room. "I'm going to give you a chance to walk away, you of all people know that's not how I usually do things around here. Not without consequences."

Giza chuckles. "It's so clear you don't know what's going on here."

At this, Harry steps close to her and pushes her back by her arm. "You need to leave." Giza then looks up at me, a smirk on her lips before she looks back at Harry. She seems to mutter something and storms off towards the front door. There's silence before Vincent looks my way.

"You, come with me." He demands to which I scoff.

"I've actually made plans."

"I wasn't asking." His voice raises and echos throughout the house. Vincent then walks away towards the direction of his office and I notice Harry looking at me before walking off with the rest of the guys.

I could always just ignore Vincent and lock myself in my bedroom, but something tells me I'm going to want to know what this is about so I walk down the stairs.

Walking into this office reminded me so much of back home. It was the only place that was forbidden to me, yet I was in there majority of the time. Almost always to get scolded over something so minor, I was always the problem child for no apparent reason. But being here, in a different office with a new father now I realized why.

"Close the door." Vincent's voice is like gravel and his tone doesn't help. I close the door behind me and walk towards the chair in front of the big brown claw-footed desk. Vincent sighs, the lighting in here made it possible for me to see the 5 o'clock shadow on his beard and how shiny his bald head was.

And I realized that every time I was in trouble, I always noticed the smallest details. Like how I noticed a stray fabric string on Fiore's suit and how I solely focused on that instead of the scolding I was receiving.

"Valentina." I snap out of my thoughts when Vincent speaks. "Are you listening?"

"Yes." I retort.

"So then tell me what exactly happened."

"What, you want like a step by step on how your employee attacked me?" He looked angry. "Look, I don't know what to tell you, but whatever her problem was, it was very one sided."

"Why did she hit you?" Well I suppose it could be because I called her a whore, due to the fact I saw her and Harry fucking in the basement. But if I mention Harry, Vincent might bring him in here and then we'd have to explain it all and I'm not so sure I'm up for that.

So I shrug. "I don't know." Vincent looks frustrated as he runs a hand through his head.

"I've been lenient with you, Valentina. But I will not be disrespected. I am your father whether you want to accept that or not, therefore when I say something I expect that to be understood."

"Are you lecturing me?"

"I'm sorry that you might feel resentful towards me for what happened to you. But everything I have done, I have done for you. I am trying to make a positive change in your life for the better, why can't you see that?"

"I have spent my entire life in a cage, believe me nothing will change."

"Your life has been unjust and you have the right to be angry, but I am only trying to help you the only way I can. My only mistake was leaving you with the wrong person. Even out of prison I am still paying for my mistakes. Are you going to punish me for wanting to be your father?"

Before I can answer his question, there are knocks at the door and we both turn to see Harry, the same serious expression on his face. He avoids eye contact with me, almost seeing right through me.

What a fucking dick.

"What is it?" Vincent questions, standing up from behind his desk.

"I just wanted to inform you that I'm leaving," At this, I turn away as I felt my stomach drop. I obviously cared for Harry, no matter how much I hated him right now I still cared about him. So to hear him say he's leaving will still come as a shock to me. "If that's alright with you?"

"Actually, I was hoping you'd stay for tonight. We've prepared a dinner in honor of your hard work and dedication by keeping Valentina here safe."

I almost laugh.

I knew there was no way in hell Harry would agree to this, but seeing as how Vincent doesn't give him much of a choice, all Harry does is nod and walk away. Vincent then turns to me and doesn't say a word but I can see the sadness behind his eyes.

He walks away and a few moments later, I do too. I guess I was going to watch Harry leave tonight, I just hope he doesn't get killed over something I did.