XIII

Oliver Quill's pov

I grabbed the letter as I check the door looking for any trace of her, and there was none. I turned my face down at the paper as I read what was written in it.

Dear Prince Oliver,
I'm Elizabeth Connor, a former citizen of the village. I know you don't know me, but I do know you. I find myself admiring you from a distance I've always been afraid to cross, but I hope this letter becomes the bridge for me to cross above my fear of never sharing my feelings with you. There is a high probability you will reject me after reading this, but at least you know now. At least I crossed the bridge of fear, of pain. I've heard a lot about you from others, things I never believed, things I'll never believe, because I know deep down you have a warm heart you await someone to find, someone you're willing to share your love with them...I hope I'll be that person....
And if not, she will be very lucky to see the warmth in your cold eyes. I love you, Oliver, for who you are, for whom you will be.           

I keep my eyes on the letter even though I've read it, "what is this drivel?", I roll my eyes. I place the letter back in as I look back at the door sensing someone is standing there. "Oliver..", the weak voice of mother breaks the silence in the room. I stand up as she moves towards me, "son...what is wrong?". "Nothing.", i say. "I don't believe you...I saw Elizabeth running with tears in her eyes..and I'm guessing it's because of you, I know it's because of you..", she speaks as she rests her warm palms on my cheeks, making me hold eye contact with her.

"I said nothing, mother", is all I said, is all I could say. She sighed and removed her palms away, "alright honey...just don't let your anger and coldness push her away, because she may be the one", she says with a last pity smile before she leaves me alone. I tilt my head up and let my heavy body, carrying the weight of the world and responsibilities, fall onto the bed. "She can't be the one, a royal is destined to be with a royal princess and that's gods will" I whisper to myself as I hesitate in the thoughts haunting me.

——————

I get dressed up for my usual routine, my horseback riding in the woods. I haven't seen Elizabeth ever since the fight, she didn't step foot in the room. Now come on, she's exaggerating about her anger. I walk out of the palace, headed to the stable to see something I find truly unpleasant. I scoff as I whisper under my breath, "Elizabeth and Edward. Wonderful". Now i know why she hadn't step foot in the house, someone she's all over is here. And I felt for a second that that letter might be actually true. She notices me as I coldly make my way to Matilda, my horse.

"Oh hey Oliver!" Edward speaks, walking up towards me. "Hey", I reply ever so coldly. "So, I was just talking to Elizabeth, about you guys", Edwards says as he waves his hands towards Elizabeth. "Yeah I bet, she has nothing else interesting to talk about", I say. "Oliver!", Edward yells, before he gets stopped by Elizabeth grabbing his arm. "He isn't worth it..", she says so clearly, as if she wants to burn me alive. She pulls him away as they walk outside, her holding his arms closely.

I look at the figure of two as it becomes one by the distant. I kept looking, hoping she may look back, but she never did. I suddenly feel really frustrated, I climb my horse and bolt out of the stable, with the highest speed possible to pass them both.

Elizabeth's pov

I felt the wind slap the clothes covering my body, when I saw Oliver dashing himself through the wind, riding his horse. I'm sorry..I don't know why but I feel I'm the reason for your anger and I'm sorry for that.

I'm sorry.

"Hey, don't bother him, just like you said he isn't worth it...if I was him, I would've treated you way better, in fact I'll treasure you because no girl I've met is like you, is you. You're different, you're special Elizabeth.", Edward spoke as he caught me staring at the trace of dust Oliver left. I look up at him and I could see my eyes in his, I could see love in them, just like the way my eyes are when I look at Oliver...W̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶E̶d̶w̶a̶r̶d̶.

Do I?...Do I have feelings for Edward...no..no way...I'm in love with ̶O̶l̶i̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶, the person whom rejected me..

"Edward..." my inaudible voice tries to make itself audible in ways it shall never work. He laughs as he jumps to stand facing me, going down to my height, as how we would for children, because they are just precious and if he does it, does it mean, he thinks I'm precious..?

"So little one, fancy a cuppa?", he grins widely. I felt my heart bloom as I saw a pure smile in front of me, I haven't seen one in a very long time, since I'm far from Lucas, I missed the purest smiles and love from him. "It would be my pleasure", I exaggerate in my accent as I accomplish the mission of making him laugh loudly. I loved that in him, the carelessness of breaking the rules of the royal families when he's around me, for he laughs out loud, makes stupid jokes, acts all cheesy and stuff, and most of all he just becomes himself.

And I think I'm falling for that..
I think I'm falling for Edward..
...