XX

I'm never aware of it. I'm never aware of how many times silence has been interrupted by the sweet sound of voices slipping out of those cherry lips. Out of Edward's lips.

"Edward!" I exclaim in happiness as I dry my hands and run towards his warm embrace. I hug him as I could hear him chuckle in my ear. "Been long, hasn't it?" He says as we pull away from the hug. I eagerly nod as the smile on my face is daring me not to fade away.

"Indeed it has been a while now.", I reply as I walk back to make the tea. I could see him walking around as he places his hands in his pockets, "so, seems like you're already practicing to be a housewife, eh? Making tea for Oliver?". I look at him and flash a small smile, "not really Edward and besides you could have this tea, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't drink it anyways." I take a glance at him as I see a smirk plastered on his face.

"Wise words Elizabeth. In fact I don't mind seeing you do some of your interests. You look purely gorgeous doing so", he says in a voice, a sweet melody would melt for. I giggle a bit as my mind drowns with it's own pleasure. "Oh well Edward, can't you be anymore kinder?", I ask a rhetorical question, in return for his happiness. And that's what I ought to have received.

Our heads tilt to the door as we could hear the doorknob opening slowly. The anticipation flowing within me is flaming. Burning with curiosity, of whom might it be. Seconds felt like hours and my heart raced to that extent. I could see Edward's frozen figure as if I'm running through time and everything seemed surreal for a while.

"Over here, please." The distant voice is heard behind the doors, and couple of men invaded silence, carrying a bunch of boxes. I stay quite as my eyes travel with every movement the anonymous is doing. My eyes widened, trying to observe with this might be, what might be hidden within those boxes.

I look at the figure of Edward as he walks out of the door. I drop the towel in my hand and follow the traces he left behind. As I step out I face the angelic face of princess Caroline. "Princess Caroline, what is going on?" I ask our of pure curiosity. She slips her smile as she rubs on my shoulder, "oh darling don't you worry. We will be celebrating Oliver's birthday". I could see the stars in her eyes as she keeps with keen.

"Celebrate? I thought Oliver hated celebrating his birthday?" Edward speaks as he raises his eyebrows in the sudden change of facts. Caroline laughs softly as she simply replies, "oh dear Edward, Oliver started to change". She looked at me, words and definitions hide behind that smile. All just before she left to look after the men working. I look at Edward and hold eye contact for a while before looking down. Being unable to read people is something that never occurred in my life, for I'm intelligent in that however the only person I'm incapable of reading is Oliver and so is this moment.

And so is the fact he is changing..
Changing because of me..?

——————

Edward's pov

I walk next to Elizabeth down the road between the stables, surrounded by green and horses, surrounded by her warmth. "When is the date of the celebration?" She asks indirectly for his birthday date. I scoff and chuckle before saying, "you know you could simply ask me when is his birthday, rather than asking the date of the celebration". I look down at her as I could see her pouting slightly.

"Well i would seem careless if I did so, for I'm his wife at last" she speaks truthfully. I keep my gaze at her petite body, hoping to hold her in my arms forever. I look at her and I feel things I've never felt before, but the mention of his name slipping out of her full lips always throws back the sand I just dug out.

We sit down at the bench next to Oliver's horse, Matilda. "Sixteenth of March" I pronounce the words that damned the tension placed between us. I look at her as I see her looking at me, eyes full of love and hope. Eyes I wished she would give at the mention of my name. I smirk and walk over to Matilda. "Don't give me that look as if I've saved your life" I say as I could hear her soft quite giggles.

She steps forward walking towards me and looks me in the eyes , "You have saved my life lots of times Edward..". And for the first time i see those eyes glee in the mention of my name and no other. For the first time I couldn't help but hold her face in my palms and kiss her.

And for the first time, she didn't reject it.

—————

Oliver's pov

"Adeline, is Matilda ready?" I ask her. "Matilda? But sir it isn't 5 pm yet?" She replies with a confused face. I smirk as I tie up my tie, "I know. Can't I change my own schedule" I speak sternly as I could feel the beating heart of Adeline's rise up in fear,"No of course you can sir, and yes Matilda is awake". "Fine then, get lost" I see her as she immediately bows and leaves the room.

I walk down the stable towards Matilda, feeling satisfied as I recall Elizabeth's face after I kissed her. I chuckle to myself at her face and I can't help but feel way better, way better until now.

I set a foot inside I shouldn't have set, and the figure of Edward kissing Elizabeth made the flames I tried to burry boil up, high up to the point I threw my horse riding hat to the side, making them break the kiss, looking at the figure dashing towards Edward.

I punched him over and over and over again. The feeling of betrayal took over me. Everything around seemed blurry, anger flowing out of me left it's blood as a sign and voices around me seemed bottled up. The things I think I finally have are those whom disappear in the fastest horrible way, and I...and I can't do anything to get them back.

I was never able to get them back.

"Oliver!! Stop it!...Please", I could feel Elizabeth trying to push me away from Edward and I could feel her tears dropping on my clothes. I push her away, hearing the thud as she falls. I stand up, leaving an unconscious Edward laying down the floor. I look at Elizabeth, whom is trying to make my figure clear between her tears and I feel nothing. No sympathy, no pain. I turn around as I walk back to the castle coldly.

That's when I realized she made my demon control me.

She changed me.