LXI

Edward's pov

Elizabeth kept screaming in severe pain. "Hand me the towel! Hurry" the order of the nurse as Princess Caroline, mrs Conner and Adeline, all stand next to her.  Today was the day Elizabeth gave birth. 13th of March. Her screams echoed in the room and I was just there, unable to help due to my shock and unable to escape.

"Edward!.." her low call for me pulled me back to life and my legs sprint to her side. I sit on the bed and held her hands, "I'm here I'm here". I try to wipe away her sweat but her face shook in denial. "Get out. You're making me anxious" she whispers barely. "Alright! Alright. Thank you!" I hurriedly say as I stood up, "I actually needed to leave, I can't bare the sight" I confess as she groans to my words. I leave immediately and shut the door behind me. My eyes were shut as I heard the women suffer inside. I sigh slowly before opening my eyes.

"Is it a girl!?" A question held me in surprise as I see a bunch of men gathered outside the room for the news. Before I let out my words, I heard another scream coming from Elizabeth, I gulp and point at the door, "as you can tell gentlemen, it's still going". "How is it?"  One asked me. I knit my brows in confusion, "I'm definitely not the one going through the pain". He nods slowly and I shake my head at his question. "May the lord be with her" one prayed as the rest agreed along.

"I want to go inside" Lucas spoke up to me. I lean down to him and pat him in the head, "her highness, your sister kicked me out for being anxious. She will get worried about you once you enter. And?". Lucas moves his head sideways mockingly, "we don't want her to get distracted". "That's right! Good boy" I brush his hair one more time before we all completely stop hearing the screams. "It's a girl" I hear the nurse speak from inside.

I burst the door open in happiness, "it's a girl!". I run over to Elizabeth fast and I dry away her sweat, "I told you it would be a girl!". We watch as the nurse moves towards us and hands the girl to Elizabeth after she cleaned the blood off. I see her beautiful little features, her rounded nose, those big blue eyes. Those eyes that is all of Oliver, the person I promised to protect this family for. I look back at Elizabeth and I see her crystal happy tears, her smile never left her face and her protective web of emotions wrapped around her child. I saw purity in both of them, purity of love that is given and received.

Elizabeth looks up at me and jiggles her little tiny hand, "look at how tiny it is" Elizabeth chuckles with tears flowing down her face. I grab Elizabeth's head and make her lean on my chest as she held her own child close to her heart.

"Victoria" Elizabeth spoke, clear enough for the people around us to hear. I watch and examine all of their admiration of the choice of name. "Oliver wanted me to name her Victoria if it were to be a girl.." Elizabeth continued. The sobs of Princess Caroline were slightly heard as she bent down and kissed Elizabeth's head. "Thank you" Caroline whisper nodding with her own tears painting her cheeks.

I continued to draw circles on Victoria's head as a way to clam her yells of being alive. The nurse took Victoria after a while and told Elizabeth to rest for a while. I sat next to her and I look up at my mother who stood in the corner sobbing happily. I grinned wildly at her, feeling this burst of happiness. I loved Elizabeth and to see her surrounded by her loved ones, see her manage to bring a soul to life, see her be a queen without her real king. It was inspiring, she was inspiring to me.

———————————-

Elizabeth's pov:

I shift in my place slightly as my heavy eyes open up to a night view outside. I push myself to sit up with all the power that's left in me, hoping I could see Victoria now. "Oh Elizabeth. Let me help you my love" my mothers voice echoed through the room as she walks from outside towards my sitting figure. I chuckle tiredly, "I'm fine don't you worry". She grabs my hands and says, "I've warmed up the water in the shower, come on".

I follow her little steps before I asked her, "where is she. Where is my little girl?". Mother gently placed a strand of my hair behind my ear, "she is peacefully sleeping in the other room. Lucas, Caroline and Edward, are all there to look after her". I nod slowly, yawning slightly before entering the bathroom. "I'll be here if you need my help love!" She yelled from outside the locker door and I just nod in hope she imagines my reply.

I slide inside the hot shower and I sit thinking of Oliver. 'He would be proud' my mind visited me in a long time, reassuring my choices of this journey. "Why didn't he visit me in my dreams?" I whisper to my mind. My mind remained silent, unable to comfort my broken heart. 'I'm sorry' my mind apologized after a while of silence. I look up and close my eyes as I let myself feel the pleasure of giving up to the superior.

My body sunk deep and my face remained up, wanting peace and wanting life. A decision no one ever had the courage to make. "If you hear me Oliver. I want you to see me, see our daughter.." I spoke mentally, hoping my brain cells would be the mail to my thoughts. 'She is gorgeous. Victoria' my mind complimented and I grin to my own thoughts. "Well she took most of her father's features!" I chuckle to my own mental reply.

"Elizabeth.. are you alright? It's been an hour darling. Is everything alright?" My mother's worried voice switched the tracks of my thoughts to real life. "Uh yes mother. I'm alright, I'll be out in a bit" I reply hurriedly as I realize the time I consumed.

I suddenly hear my mother gasp loudly and I question from inside, "what's wrong? Are you alright?". She kept silent for a bit and my heart hanged in curiosity,

"Come out love. Someone awaits you!"