XLVI

"Are you ready?" The lingering voice of Oliver makes its appearance behind my reflection on the mirror. I take a deep breathe, "I would like to believe so". "It's alright if you don't wish to come along" he tries to reassures my wondering lost mind. I shake my head in denial. "No. I promised Edward to be there." I say clearing the right path for my thoughts to wonder in. I look at him as he lowers his head down slowly, nodding.

"Oliver" I whisper turning around to face him. He looks up at me and those eyes were hiding from a truth. "Everything will be alright" I now try to reassure. "Yeah. I hope so" was his reply that hides his real thoughts. Don't force him to talk, that wouldn't be you, the you he loves. 'Yeah I know' I reply to my mind mentally. "One more thing" Oliver calls out as I start to head out of the room. "I'm sorry. For giving you the necklace of my first lover" he confesses, moving towards me. I shake my head slowly, smiling and shifting my gaze to his beautiful shining blue eyes.

"It's fine Oliver. You might find this thought a weird belief but I personally feel that once you love someone and then stop, there will forever be a part of your heart that will relive once again when your eyes meet the ones they once fell in love with." I say softly. He hold my palms and leans in to leave a soft peck on my lips. "Then a huge part of my heart won't live without your presence" he says, breath warm, feeling of calmness. The feeling of drinking a hot drink in sever winter.

"It's here. The carriage" Caroline's sugar plated voice marks its appearance in this huge room as I walk over to her and hold her shaking hands. "Don't worry" I whisper gently, remembering how every time she was the one that stood by me when things and feelings weren't explained in I and Oliver's relationship. She nods slowly and Oliver moves to ask for her hand as we head to the carriage that's taking us to the train trails.

———————————

"Edward" the faint yell of Oliver calls out to a standing Edward with luggage in his hand. I see him as he turns around and I couldn't help but feel a slight stroke in my heart. This doesn't feel right. But then again, nothing ever felt right from the beginning. "Hey! All of you made it" the youthful sound of proudness and courage flows out of his lips. "I told you, we wouldn't miss a chance" I speak softly smiling at him. "Don't get yourself killed cousin" Oliver's voice cracks slightly and I knew he didn't want this either. I knew how Oliver felt, he may not show it but deep down he cared. He cared for Edward and that's because of how Edward always tried to show him the right path, how Edward was always there for him and how Edward is willing to sacrifice himself for Oliver, for me, for Asbury.

Edward chuckles slightly as Caroline moves to intertwine her hands in his arm. "Oh man, I think I'll be attending your funeral first" Edward laughs and so Oliver joins, shaking his head slowly. They were more than just cousins, they were brothers. "Take care of yourself darling. We are proud of you, all of us" Caroline's soothing voice follows with her soothing touch on his face. "Thank you and don't you worry" he whispers to her as he rubs gently on his wrist. I feel as Oliver touch my fingers slightly before heading into the middle of the place.

"Everyone gather for the King" the yell of the guards catch's everyone's attention as everyone turns to face a cold hearted Oliver. "Soldiers, align in the front" his first demands slide out his lips as every soldier, including Edward, swiftly moves to align in a straight line. "Today we are gathered to say our final farewells. To share the last bits of memorable moments, some may have to share. And we are here to thank each and every one of the Soldiers standing in front of me. Families, friends and lovers are proud and grateful for the sacrifice you're willing to give.  All of you will be remembered, books will be written about you, songs will be heard for you and love will remain for those who leave. In this war, people will die, innocent people and that may be our soldiers main concern." He takes a slight glimpse at me as I nod slightly to reassure him. Oliver then looks back at the soldiers and says one finally thing that brought hell into heaven,

"Avenge the innocents".

—————————

I reach out along side Edward's mother. Her hands had tightened the grip on his weak palm. "I love you mother" he smiles rubbing her hands, trying to reassure her worries despite the fact I could see it clearly. I could see how scared and terrified he felt. I look at him who's body is half out from the window. "Be careful and good luck" i whispered to him. "I bet it's never needed" he scoffs jokingly at me. I turn around to look for Oliver, just to see him shaking hands with other soldiers. "You know what Elizabeth? You surprise me. You changed the impossible" Edwards words drag my attention back to him.

"He's starting to show his feelings and I can tell you. I've never seen him express any, in years now" Edward says as he traces Oliver's actions. "I always knew you're a wonderful woman" he says shifting his gaze at me. I just stare at his face, taking in the details that I fear I may never see again. "Edward" the voice of Oliver pulls me back to reality as he walks towards Edward and hugs his upper body, "Stay strong man". It felt like silence made an alliance with me as I hear the heart beatings in every direction and the fear both Oliver and I held in. This wasn't just a goodbye.

This was the beginning of a mass murder, sent wild.