XLIX

And if I were to control time, I would've made a minute to be felt a decade in a slight glance of hope.

It was a normal night of sleep, until the terror came in. The heavy door of our only safe place, slammed open as I and Oliver immediately wake up in horror of the sound of cries coming in. "Mrs. Ralph?" Oliver's deep voice speaks as I try to comprehend the amount of people coming into our room. I look beside me to realize Oliver have gotten up, as if he was never asleep.

I look at Edward's mother as she cries in his chest, he holds her dearly trying to listen to her words. That until Edward's Father, Sir Ralph, explains to Oliver, holding onto his wife. "Caroline!" I sigh astonished to see her suddenly next to me, "what?" I stutter looking back at them. "What's happening?" I speak looking back at her, trying to slide out of the bed that's holding my own actions before happening. "It's Edward darling. They took Edward hostage and they are threatening to murder him, slit him apart piece by piece" Caroline says through her heavy low breaths.

I blink twice, hoping this is just a dream. Hoping none is real, but nothing seemed to prove me wrong. I gulp in fear and I look at Oliver who looks back at me.

No. No no no no, he won't.

I shake my head slightly, holding back my tears. Knowing deep down his own intentions. I grasp tightly into Caroline's palms as Oliver speaks the words I feared the most. "I'll go there Mrs. Ralph. I'll surrender" he speaks trying to calm her down. "I promise to bring back your son" he continues, looking up at Edward's father. I felt the heat of my own grasp on Caroline's hands get soaked wet with her own tears of losing her only son.

My eyes trace the movements of Adeline as she escorts Mr and Mrs. Ralph outside our room. The messenger goes to Oliver as Oliver orders him to send a message to Prince Henry. And I see as Princess Caroline runs up to her son and cries in his chest, hugging him. Hugging him for the last time. "Oh Oliver..." she cried out as her body gets pulled to the ground. And there it was, the first and last time I see Oliver's tears.

Tears.... a word that doesn't fill a gap, but creates one so big, no water, no poison can heal.

I finally manage to walk up to Oliver, I fall down to my knees and I hold him. I hold him so tightly, I didn't know what to say, and I didn't know what to do. All I knew at that moment is that I needed time, time with him, time to grow our child together, time to make a family..

He holds us close to his chest and we cry, cry tears that soon dried up as time passed by. "Oh your highness!.." the faint yell of Adeline made its appearance before she runs up to us. Oliver loses his grip on his mother as he nods to Adeline, allowing her to hold her up. "Come on let's go" Adeline whispers to Caroline as they head out. "My son.. my so-" the cry of Caroline broke me apart. I was hurt but so was she. Her only son, and my only lover.

I calm down in his arms as he hushed me slowly, running his hands through my head. "Victoria" he speaks suddenly. "Hmm?" I try to make my sound visible through all this silent chaos. "Victoria, that's what our daughter's name should be.." he spoke ever so softly, holding me close to him. "I love you" I cry holding his face close to mine. "I love you so much, and I always will" I continue, hoping this not to be the last of its own kind of feeling, own kind of love.

We stared at each other in a doting way, as if it were a silent argument served with a hefty price. Our glances battled each other, until our tears dried.
"Why did you have to say it?" I hiccuped in my own pain and tears rolling down with the same quietness. "I have to do something. And if my death meant peace, so it shall be served" he says mildly.

He pulls me gently and kisses me softly, the tender kiss left the world untouched. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. His hand rested below my ear and his thumb caressing my warm wet cheek as our breaths mingled in sync. I ran my fingers down his spine as if It was a race my life depended on, pulling him closer until there was no space. and i finally could feel the beating of his heart against my chest.

Until I could feel it and memorize it as a song I'll forever favor.

"Oliver" the deep sound of Prince Henry makes appearance after the knock on the door, ending the last peace that existed beyond these walls. "Come on son" Henry said before I felt Oliver stand up, leaving me before one last glance of love.

Leaving me to attend a wedding of horror, full of chaos, full of guests..

I see Adeline as she come running to me, holding my arms, "Please Elizabeth. I know it's hard but you have to be out there, you have to show him that you will be fine-" I cut her words as I break down, "but I'm not. I'm not fine Adeline" I say in words badly heard. She gulps slowly and hugs me warmly, "Then show him that he has a family to come back to..".

I hug her tightly before we both dash through the halls to see Oliver before he leaves off to the war. To see my love, bring back his soldiers safely.

I stand outside, arms bare to the cold weather of a 5 am hour. Outside to encourage Oliver. I ran up to the carriage and held his hands, I rub my thumb over his before giving him my last words of orders.

"Promise me to save him and to save yourself. Promise me you will come back" I say sternly trying to hold back the tears. He nods his head gently and replies taking the key to my soul, "I promise you thee Elizabeth".

"I promise you my love" he whispers as I backed away looking at how the carriage moving further and further away from me.

Further away from our child..